Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: White interior, with black dash lowers. Whats the formula?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a. 2018 Model S 100d with white interior/carbon. It has white dash lowers.

In many photos of newer cars, including Ravens, Im seeing BLACK lowers. I personally prefer the black lowers because it gives a dark cozy feeling to the cabin while still having the iconic white seats that every loves. The model 3 with white interior has black dash lowers and I love the look.

But im not sure if the color of the lowers is a "newer model" thing or if it's a configuration such as performance model or range model? Or what? Doesn't anyone know the formula? Because one RAVEN Model X owner with white interior is reporting white dash lowers.

Tesla website shows white interior with black lowers in the Model S, and white lowers in the Model X.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 8.13.41 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 8.08.27 AM.jpg

Totally subjective but I personally hate black interiors. I find them gloomy and uninspiring.

Love the new white interior and the cream interior. The white interior with the white lower sections opens up the car and goes great with the clean minimalist theme.

This question is for you to answer. No one can tell you what looks good to them. Just go with what you want.

On the flip side of things, why can't I pay 500 bucks and get the carbon interior on a non P car??????????? you have the parts already tesla!! you have the means to install them regardless of the final product. Just offer it on all cars, you'll sell a hell of a lot more carbon interiors, and make a lot more $500 dollar up charges.

On the flip side of things, why can't I pay 500 bucks and get the carbon interior on a non P car??????????? you have the parts already tesla!! you have the means to install them regardless of the final product. Just offer it on all cars, you'll sell a hell of a lot more carbon interiors, and make a lot more $500 dollar up charges.

I thought the carbon option and the sunroof was off menu options, meaning that you could order the car with these options, but you needed a salesperson to add it for you since it is not on the configuration pages...

I have a. 2018 Model S 100d with white interior/carbon. It has white dash lowers.

In many photos of newer cars, including Ravens, Im seeing BLACK lowers. I personally prefer the black lowers because it gives a dark cozy feeling to the cabin while still having the iconic white seats that every loves. The model 3 with white interior has black dash lowers and I love the look.

But im not sure if the color of the lowers is a "newer model" thing or if it's a configuration such as performance model or range model? Or what? Doesn't anyone know the formula? Because one RAVEN Model X owner with white interior is reporting white dash lowers.

Tesla website shows white interior with black lowers in the Model S, and white lowers in the Model X.

View attachment 449034
View attachment 449041

I am mega confused. We have (had !!) decided to buy a second Model S, a new extended Raven but then I looked at custom order and was deflated by the choices.

It’s either black / black, which is terrible, cream and some awful light wood trim or white seats with black trim of some sort.

Called sales where our present car is looked after, and of course there’s no way to actually view what they look like in the flesh. There’s no way to get what we have now on our 2017 90D, which is tan seats with really nice looking trim. Also the sales team have no ‘go’ in them. It’s just really - well thats it, that’s all we’ve got. Why do they bother with a sales team??

I can’t do white seats I believe, as I would like a black car this time and it would not suit my ever increasing age.

So a lost sale and me stuck for what to buy. Range Rover P400e a complete waste of space as are most or all alternatives.

What to do ????