TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

model s white seats- anyone coat them/condition them?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by alehbaba, Mar 6, 2017.

1. alehbaba

alehbaba Member

Anyone recommend any good products to condition/seal/coat new white alcantara seats? Local place wants 250.00 to condition/seal them so i thought i could do it myself if its a good idea??

2. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

I thought they were already coated with a special anti-stain coating? Check out this video and save yourself 250.00...

3. alehbaba

alehbaba Member

thanx....i will skip that for sure. Maybe get a decent product to protect further i can apply myself if needed. What if any areas should i wrap on th car for protection? full hood/front bumper/lights/mirrors..rockers? behind wheels? it can get pricey...

4. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

These are not leather seats - they are supposed to be very stain resistant. The local gallery says they are easily able to wipe off any dirt that gets on the seats after showings.

I'd be hesitant in putting anything on the seats until we knew what material they are made out of - and what we can safely use to clean and/or protect the seats.

Got to sit in our S100D over the weekend (waiting for the delivery hold to be released) - and they look great in the black interior with CF trim!

5. alehbaba

alehbaba Member

bob...are you going to wrap your car or tint windows or put ceramic coat on?

6. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

On my 4 year old S P85, we had the factory film in a few places. Elsewhere, the paint has held up very well without any other protections.

For our new S 100D, we're not currently planning to do anything.

Our S P85 didn't have extra tinting installed for the windows or sunroof - which hasn't been a problem after 4 Texas summers - and we don't plan to do any tinting on the new car.