Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Width Wheel 2 Wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

indianinjapan

Tesla Enthusiast
Jun 24, 2021
Tokyo
Hi all,

I have a basic question which I am unable to find out after going through the manual.

I have a mechanical parking lot in my apartment and maximum width of the floor / ramp on which I can park car is 2 meters.

I see in manual that front and rear track of the refreshed model S is 1690 mm. I also am aware the tyres are 255 mm wide in front and 285 wide in rear. But they are offset by 40 mm and 45 mm respectively in front and rear.

So am not sure how much is the external width of the car on the outside from one edge of the wheel on one side to other edge of the wheel on outside.

Is it 1690+255 in front and 1690+285 on rear or should I factor in the offset twice (-40*2 for front, and -45*2 for rear) ? Any help here would be much appreciated as this would help me decide on waiting for the car or finding alternate.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a basic question which I am unable to find out after going through the manual.

I have a mechanical parking lot in my apartment and maximum width of the floor / ramp on which I can park car is 2 meters.

I see in manual that front and rear track of the refreshed model S is 1690 mm. I also am aware the tyres are 255 mm wide in front and 285 wide in rear. But they are offset by 40 mm and 45 mm respectively in front and rear.

So am not sure how much is the external width of the car on the outside from one edge of the wheel on one side to other edge of the wheel on outside.

Is it 1690+255 in front and 1690+285 on rear or should I factor in the offset twice (-40*2 for front, and -45*2 for rear) ? Any help here would be much appreciated as this would help me decide on waiting for the car or finding alternate.

Thanks in advance.

Rear tires, approx sidewall to sidewall is 79". Contact patch is 78"

Front tires, sidewall to sidewall 78", contact patch 77"