Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is SolarGard 20% Nano Particle. So. NV sun is very strong.
IMG_0511.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0513.JPG

Congrats! Longest three weeks of you life I bet! DC Auto Tinting in Henderson. They did a very nice job. You are going to love your car! : )

Thanks for the tip. You're definitely right about a long couple of weeks, but I think I prefer it this way to wondering if the car is on a truck, where it's going, when it will get here, etc. I know that at 11:00 a.m. on a certain day in Feb. I will go to the factory and the car will be there. The certainty is worth getting it a few days late, I think.

I just had the 3M Crystalline 40 per cent tint applied to front and back side windows and the back window.I'm very pleased with the appearance of the windows and the 40 per cent was recommended by my installer to keep the cabin cool in the hot Florida sun.

Reactions: markn455
I went to Executive Tint. I got the ceramic package with all door windows plus rear. Ask for Brandon.

Executive Tint
713-780-8000
2823 Hillcroft St, Houston, TX 77057
Google Maps

I moved away from my usual tinter, I will give Executive a shot based on your recommendation. I take it you like the job they did. How was service and scheduling? Do they offer "Ranger" service too? Are they fast? Already Brandon is getting two referrals from you... he owes you :wink:

BTW, I usually go for the least dark tint... Besides being darker and blocking a little more heat, anyone want to convince me to go darker? Also, do any of these tints affect your cellular signal strength?

I moved away from my usual tinter, I will give Executive a shot based on your recommendation. I take it you like the job they did. How was service and scheduling? Do they offer "Ranger" service too? Are they fast? Already Brandon is getting two referrals from you... he owes you :wink:

BTW, I usually go for the least dark tint... Besides being darker and blocking a little more heat, anyone want to convince me to go darker? Also, do any of these tints affect your cellular signal strength?

I'm very happy with the job they did. It only took them about 1.5 hours to complete the job. I don't know about ranger service options though.

I think darker tint looks best on most cars so that's always my choice. Supposedly the ceramic tint doesn't affect electronics as much, plus it blocks more heat. That's why I chose it even though it's more expensive.

Did anyone have any technical issues with the install? Did they have to remove any parts of the door, or do anything to stop the windows from moving down?

My tint guy can't give me a quote because he's never worked on a Tesla before.
No. Frameless windows that drop .5 inch are quite common (my Corvette had this, I believe it's common on BMW's, etc). There's nothing unusual about tinting a Tesla. Those little triangular pieces looks like they will suck to tint but your tint guy can see them and should be able to give you an estimate.

We're taking ours in on 3/9. Going 50 on the rear, 35 on the rear sides, and trying to decide between 35 or 50 on the front sides.

No. Frameless windows that drop .5 inch are quite common (my Corvette had this, I believe it's common on BMW's, etc). There's nothing unusual about tinting a Tesla. Those little triangular pieces looks like they will suck to tint but your tint guy can see them and should be able to give you an estimate.

We're taking ours in on 3/9. Going 50 on the rear, 35 on the rear sides, and trying to decide between 35 or 50 on the front sides.

50 on rear and 35 on sides? You know that 50 is lighter than 35, right? Unusual config..usually people have the rear darker and sides a bit lighter (so as not to get pulled over as often). I am still planning on putting 3M Crystalline 40 all around (except windshield).

Who is doing the tint for you?