Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Huper on my BMW and on those summer days, I feel a difference with my Model Ss and X with Photosynch. For me the price difference of 30% between the 2 is definitely worth it.

Hi Lloyds, great to hear you have first hand experience with both. If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference you are seeing between the Huper and Photosync on your vehicles? Better heat rejection and performance? Any issues with signal interference on your BMW?

From all the pics I see it doesn't look like any of the windows are tinted. Is anyone planning on, or has anyone already done any aftermarket window tinting on their model S? I was thinking of doing 5% on the rear windows and back seat windows and possibly 15-25% on the front driver and passenger windows. What do you think? It helps keep the sun out, would protect kids from sunburn if I get the rear child seats, protects leather, keeps peering eyes from seeing a huge 17" touchscreen that someone might be tempted to break in and rip it out....

I went with LLumar CTX 30% window film on all sides and back.

Info on that tint:

CTX 30% = 51% Heat Rejection

LLumar Ceramic Window Tint. Blocks more than 99% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays reduces heat by up to 65% and 90% of radiant heat while allowing clear signal reception for your electronic devices, such as your mobile phone, GPS, and keyless entry.
Provides Long-Lasting Protection – an advanced scratch-resistant coating and built-in UV absorbers increase the durability and life of the film.

20160807_072653.jpg

Reactions: Hrhkee
Hi Lloyds, great to hear you have first hand experience with both. If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference you are seeing between the Huper and Photosync on your vehicles? Better heat rejection and performance? Any issues with signal interference on your BMW?

I immediately noticed some white noise on my AM channel. Then the keyless entry were not as strong as before and at times I would need to use the key to unlock my doors. I am certain it was Huper because it all started after I had it tinted.

Another Model X leaving after receiving Spectra Photosync 35 to all side and rear windows.

When researching a film/shop, always ask for up close photos of their work or view work in person.

The one doing the install is just as important if not more important than the film you choose. We hand install and trim all our film applications for a OEM or better final quality.

Attachments

• Spectra PhotoSync (Digital Brochure).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I went with LLumar CTX 30% window film on all sides and back.

Info on that tint:

CTX 30% = 51% Heat Rejection

LLumar Ceramic Window Tint. Blocks more than 99% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays reduces heat by up to 65% and 90% of radiant heat while allowing clear signal reception for your electronic devices, such as your mobile phone, GPS, and keyless entry.
Provides Long-Lasting Protection – an advanced scratch-resistant coating and built-in UV absorbers increase the durability and life of the film.

View attachment 201424
Is it tinted? With what? Also is it treated with paint protection?

I am definitely tinting mine within the week I get it, I should have it next week and will post pics once done. I also plan on vynal wrapping all the chrome on the car, has anyone done that, if so can you please post pics and let me know how much you spent doing it?

Small bit of advice/personal preference, unless your state requires otherwise, get the same tint opacity on everything (except windshield). the staggered opacity will just look weird in different light. I also only go with laser cut installations.

Good luck to those getting it done.