Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An employee had 35% Photosync and it looked really, really light. It was on a 35% car so it worked but I would have been disappointed if I'd gotten that like so many other people have.

When you say 35% car do you mean they had 35% all the way round?

Thanks for posting this. I have a silver metallic S that I will get tinted next week and am trying to decide on what %. Yours does seem a little dark to me but realize the pictures here will not be perfect. Also agree that the silver looks best with something darker.

I just got my Black Tesla S tinted with Spectrum PhotoSync. Being in California, I had to take into account the laws regarding the front (75%), versus the likelihood of getting pulled aside and getting a fixit ticket. Ultimately, I went with 45% up front, and 35% in the rear, and I am very happy with it. I got it done at the following shop.

Premier Protective Films International (aka Premier Mobile) clear bra, paint protection film, tint, auto tint, safety film, chip paint, kits, custom, car

Ask for Greg, he will take good care of you, and was great to work with!

Here are a bunch of photos in various lighting conitions.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DXuLBcGS4Cpik5xh1

We have a similar configuration except did 35% Photosync on all and the 75% on my windshield on all of our Ss and X. Makes a huge difference during summer.

Another one with the industry's best tint, Spectra Photosync.
0.jpg

Would anyone know what the best tint to keep the uv and heat out that offers 5% (limo) for a tesla?
I would stay away from Limo tint as most are metallized....which can affect radio, cell phone, ect... signal strengths. Since you are in Socal, check out Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos: extremeautowerks

They carry Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic tint and Spectra Photosync. Darkest shade with Ceraluxe is 20% whereas Photosync has 35%. Both specs are tops in the industry. Hope this helps.

Why does it look so blue/green?

It's due to the lighting conditions when the photo was taken. As an example, here is another one with the same shade but the car is positioned slightly different, and with different lighting conditions. In essence, the photos will look slightly different in sunlight as well.

IMG_3872.jpg

A Model 3 with Photosync 35%. Photo taken in the shade.
sph 35 front and rear.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Here is also a comparison between 3m Crystalline 70 and Spectra Photosync 75

Equipment used to measure
EDTM Spectrum Analyzer (this is the most accurate measuring tool that works on NFRC300 specs). This unit will break down the amount of infrared is blocked from 900-1000nm and up to 1700nm.

Photosync 75% (already installed to car in photo)
96% infrared radiation rejection at 900-1000nm
94% infrared radiation rejection up to 1700nm

Crystalline 70% (pulled from box in photo)
97% infrared radiation rejection at 900-1000nm
80% infrared radiation rejection up to 1700nm

Crystalline has a pretty big performance drop off at the 1700nm range, which is the area we really feel the most during summer. Additionally Photosync is 5% lighter as well.

20180323_165917.jpg
20180323_162020.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Joelc