Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day all

Thanks for all the notes/pix/real life data.. To keep it simple I have a diesel truck with factory rear smoke glass (charcoal or gray). I am was/am looking into photosync, or formula one for front and windshield. Options are

Photosync: front / windshield ( or just windshield) 35 (75/65?)
Formula one: front / photosync: windshield 35 (75/65?)

rears: 20??

Question is photosync on front windows and the factory smoke rears? Will it look right?? Also have camper shell with smoke glass. Truck is white FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

Formula one pinnacles series. May not have the numbers right..

That's very impressive, Thanks for posting the results.

You are welcome! We've been burned by a very well known ceramic tint that turned out to be actually partially metallic though claiming to be ceramic. The result of that ceramic film was AM / FM signal degradation along with keyless entry issues. We have seen no issue with Spectra Photosync and have tested it extensively before carrying it.

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on tinting the back windows/hatch. I'm thinking 50% VLT.

Since the windows go down/up every time you open/close the doors, how is everyone dealing with that?

How can I make the car think the door is closed so I can get that last 1/2" at the bottom?
I'm sure the Tesla isn't the first car to do with, but I want to be prepared with my tint person, as I'm guessing they've never done a Model S.

I used Suntek cxp 55 sides and 35 rear. Huge improvement with heat rejection. My kids in the trunk never complain anymore. Total cost $350

I used llumar CTX 40% all around, for a similar total cost (I think?), but my kids will not sit in the trunk when it's above 85F outside. And I even got the Tesla sunshade.

I guess you're further up-north...

I also got them O2Cool 5" fans (not clipon, something they can hold), and 40% tint and the rear sunshade, I set the air to fresh air and nada.

In the mornings I take them to preschool, and they both love riding in the back (mid-70s) in the evenings they go in the 2nd row since it's mid-80s/low-90s.

My kids are not summer people though, so that might play a part in it.

4b45384d5ab6a732f711d4478c3438c2.jpg

My kids tend to be busy in the trunk with their tech etc. They are 9 and 6 and play well together and it keeps our 2nd row very clean. So far it is working out well.

Might be an age thing too... mine are almost 5 and almost 3 (before anyone gets on my case - he's a very tall almost 3 year old, and exceeds the minimum height/weight Tesla set forward).

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on tinting the back windows/hatch. I'm thinking 50% VLT.

Since the windows go down/up every time you open/close the doors, how is everyone dealing with that?

How can I make the car think the door is closed so I can get that last 1/2" at the bottom?
I'm sure the Tesla isn't the first car to do with, but I want to be prepared with my tint person, as I'm guessing they've never done a Model S.

An experienced window tint installer would be able to handle all of this.