Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, I recently tinted my MS withe PhotoSync all around except the windshield, which got the Llumar air 80...all areas look great except the windshield. There is awful dispersion at night from most lights and it is not safe to drive. anyone else experience this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys, I recently tinted my MS withe PhotoSync ....There is awful dispersion at night from most lights and it is not safe to drive. anyone else experience this?

That can't be good. I was considering the Photosync . . . now, not so much. I have had a carbon based tint on my Volt for 5 years in the Florida sun and it still looks fantastic. For less than $200 I may put it on my MS.

That can't be good. I was considering the Photosync . . . now, not so much. I have had a carbon based tint on my Volt for 5 years in the Florida sun and it still looks fantastic. For less than $200 I may put it on my MS.

I think he was saying the photo sync was ok, it was Llumair 80 on the windshield that was the problem.

I got the photo sync 45 all around and have had no issues.

I have PhotoSynch all around to include the front windshield. It does not have this problem The OP for some unknown reason put Blue 80 on his windshield and is now complaining about it. Just put Photosynch 75 on the front and you'll be fine.

Reactions: chriSharek
Uh, the first night until the film cured, there was minor dispersion, but the next day and for the past year plus, it's been fine (35 sides and rear and 75 windshield).

The only annoyances have been two:

First, that the windshield has developed micropitting over time, and if I get it replaced, then I will have to pay another $400 to get the new windshield filmed. I would say tinted, but the 75 is all but invisible. The benefits are from heat reduction and very noticeable glare reductions.

Second, there are a couple of small nicks in the tint, thankfully not in the line of sight, that mysteriously appeared after one service visit or another. Now, I photograph the car from end to end, inside and out, before each service visit, and inspect it carefully before leaving. Not just for tint damage, but for any and all damage.

Hi Guys, I recently tinted my MS withe PhotoSync all around except the windshield, which got the Llumar air 80...all areas look great except the windshield. There is awful dispersion at night from most lights and it is not safe to drive. anyone else experience this?

Thanks in advance.

I say get the Llumar removed and replaced with Photosybc 75. Does wonders to cooling the car especially with the windshield being so big.

Thanks in advance.

I have Llumar AirBlue80 on my windshield with zero negative effects, day or night, polarized glasses or not. Have you asked your installer?

I am an authorized installer of Photosync and their CeraLuxe film, they are by far the MOST optically clear films on the market by a large margin. Air80 Blue has distorting, I have it on my personal car and CeraLuxe on the other, the difference is quite noticeable so much so I'm removing the Air80 blue as it drives me crazy. Photosync or CeraLuxe are the only way to go for windshields based on our testing. Even Huper can ghost and cause distortion.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I asked my installer about it and they were graceful enough to remove the Air80, they mentioned the possibility of the windshield also contributing to the issue. I did notice that at night after removing it, I could still see some distortion of signal lights and oncoming traffic headlights...minor but there. I think the AIr80 just magnified that problem...any chance the Photosync will do that as well? anyone else heard of windshield optics issues? I have an appt. to re-tint this Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_20151127_111223607.jpg
    IMG_20151127_111223607.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 233