Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spent two full days driving my model S home from Seattle WA and the one thing I noticed was that I was getting baked through the windshield. I’ve never used ceramic tint but I’m going to try it now. I’m told that’s that on,y real choice for s windshield.

If you have Photosync as an option where you live, I highly highly recommend checking that out first. Ceramic has become just a buzz word for tints these days.

Last edited:
Not a model S but a model 3 but if someone wants to see another shot of Photosync 45% on all side windows and I did Photosync 75% on windshield. Didn't tint the rear window as my shop doesn't do a one piece and not sure I will tint it or not. Here's a couple of shots. You can see depending on how much of a sunny day it is and how much reflection it gives off. Does a great job on keeping the heat out. I was going to go with the 55% but the installer talked me out of it as I was deciding. I knew I didn't want the blacked out tint look like most people get. Very happy so far with the Photosync. Also, I had been using 3M Crystalline on my previous car, a Lexus, for the last 7 years. It did fine but has a bronze color to it whereas the Photosync has a blue hue to it. Both are excellent films at keeping heat out, just depends on the look you want.
tint3.jpg
tint1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Reactions: Cowby