TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S windshield replacement near Boston?

Discussion in 'New England' started by PeterK, Jan 30, 2016.

1. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Last week I was on I-93 north near The Fells when a van ahead of me kicked up a small rock. I heard it hit what I thought was the middle of the windshield but it left no mark so I thought I'd dodged a bullet so to speak. But later in the day when I got out of the car I saw this. [emoji853]
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454190096.507369.jpg

Fortunately the crack is well below my sight line and I checked that I have zero deductible for glass. But at this point I'm going to wait until spring or if the crack dramatically expands first.

Anyone have experience replacing a windshield? Who did it and how did it go? Did you go direct or via Watertown? I have my three-year annual service coming up in March so I could potentially have it done then.

Thanks in advance.
    Peter

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Should just be covered by insurance. I had a stress fracture in mine a little over a year ago
    and "they" came to my office and replaced it. Can't even remember the company but it was
    impressively done by one guy.

3. CTShore

CTShore Member

Tesla's Milford service center replaced my back windshield when it was cracked by a thrown box cutter. image.jpg

4. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

There's got to be an interesting story there...

5. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Thanks for the input, Ed. Insurance will cover it and I know Watertown wouldn't do it themselves but I thought it might be nice to have them checking the guy doing it.