Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Wireless Phone Charger in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
Just placed my order.

Model S/X Wireless Phone Charger
0A194E9F-3A44-45F5-8D8B-07A89E0EFBA1.jpeg

DDBA6715-A6BC-40F8-97F9-F2799F49F6D7.jpeg

43CCC1F7-0E00-431F-B85C-C0BE1F0FC8D5.jpeg
9AAD58BC-AA1A-4237-8D7D-8A19E71B46B4.jpeg
74636624-07D5-4C85-B75C-5CBF3F640BBF.jpeg

I have a 2018 Model S and my center console does not look like this. The front cavity has a door that slides back and forth-- I use this compartment for storage. The back cavity has flip-up/down door where the 12V, and USB ports are. I charge my iphone with a cable in one of the ports, keep my USB storage for the security camera in the other port, and the 12V (with the round cap) is unused. Where does the wireless charger go?

I have a 2018 Model S and my center console does not look like this. The front cavity has a door that slides back and forth-- I use this compartment for storage. The back cavity has flip-up/down door where the 12V, and USB ports are. I charge my iphone with a cable in one of the ports, keep my USB storage for the security camera in the other port, and the 12V (with the round cap) is unused. Where does the wireless charger go?
It goes into one of the 2 USB ports.
Slides & snaps into the flip up door.
I also have a 2018 (March). It will fit. Tesla upgraded the MCU in March. I was lucky to get the newer one. FYI, It will charge at 7.5 watts. The older MCU Will only do 5 watts.
Product link here:
Model S/X Wireless Phone Charger
Animated Installation instructions here:
Do It Yourself - Model S

images from product page:
A3DFFAAC-ADBB-4741-B48D-B46D975084C6.jpeg 24838608-3174-4365-83BD-F03BF4BE3595.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Tezzie
Just thinking you might be amongst the few that was not aware that there was a wired connection dock available for the model S.
Used to be included. At some point I believe a separate $25 purchase was required. Eliminating the problem of varying phone connectors (iPhone lightning or android USB…) Here is the link to the wired connection dock which the wireless charger replaces using nearly the exact same installation process.

Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock

I found your installation video on Youtube and it literally took me 10 minutes to install. Problem is, the charger will only detect the phone if I unplug and then plug back the usb cable. I tried it on 2 different phones with the same results. In other words, I have to unplug and plug the USB cable back in for it to work. Are you guys experiencing any issues? For $125, I didn't think I'd have any issues.

BTW, one of the phones is an Iphone 8 plus and the other is new Iphone 12.

I found your installation video on Youtube and it literally took me 10 minutes to install. Problem is, the charger will only detect the phone if I unplug and then plug back the usb cable. I tried it on 2 different phones with the same results. In other words, I have to unplug and plug the USB cable back in for it to work. Are you guys experiencing any issues? For $125, I didn't think I'd have any issues.

BTW, one of the phones is an Iphone 8 plus and the other is new Iphone 12.
Still working perfectly with my IPhone 12 pro. I recently moved it to the cigarette lighter port with a USB adapter to free up a usb data port for user with a wireless game controller. (Image below) Still working great there as well.
2018 Model S 100D MCU2.
6672180C-F95B-411C-A7FE-FEA5F8F8939B.jpeg

You might have received a defective unit. Only way to contact online store for customer service and returns is by email. Info here:
Accessories, Merchandise and Online Shop

See signature. It's a 2015. I've seen the listing, but they don't specify if it's only for the newer cars with the latest console. They changed the design around the facelift time I believe and I have the older style console not pictured.
It’s fits into the spot where the quick connection dock goes.(link below) If you don’t have a car that is compatible with the quick connection dock it won’t work in your car.
It is “Not compatible with 1st generation drop-in Premium Center Console.”
Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock