Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S With 22" Wheels & Tires * World's First*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am proud to share with everyone the release of our new AE Edition 20" and 22" wheel options made exclusively for the Tesla Model S. Please either call me (Elie) at 310.854.5454 or PM with any questions that you may have.

We will be using Pirelli tires in the following sizes.

For a 20" wheel set up 255/40/20

For a 22' wheel set up 255/30/22

Style: AE5 available in Tint on Black or Machined on Silver Finishes
AE5_TINT-MATTEBLACK_zps191f4f4d.jpg

AE5_MACHINED-SIL_zps8f365cc3.jpg

Style: AE10 available in Matte Black, Machined on Black and Machined on Silver Finishes.
AE10_MATTEBLACK_zps129fdb85.jpg

AE10_Machined_MatteBblack_zps5a4bfd37.jpg

AE10_HYPERSILVER_zps0dbc4d61.jpg

Style: AE7 available in Matte Grey and Machined on Silver Finishes
AE7_MICA-GREYcopy_zps080c61f7.jpg

AE7_MSIL_zpsb34c8d32.jpg

We also offer custom paint for any of these styles.

Last edited:
I am proud to share with everyone the release of our new AE Edition 20" and 22" wheel options made exclusively for the Tesla Model S. Please either call me (Elie) at 310.854.5454 or PM with any questions that you may have.

Wow, these look stunning. Partial to the matte black and grey finishes... really, really beautiful.

I'm curious. Might we see one of these styles on display for DrTaras' soon-to-be-transformed Model S? He's been taunting us about the upcoming big reveal on his thread. :wink:

I can't wait to see these on an actual Model S!

Wow, these look stunning. Partial to the matte black and grey finishes... really, really beautiful.

I'm curious. Might we see one of these styles on display for DrTaras' soon-to-be-transformed Model S? He's been taunting us about the upcoming big reveal on his thread. :wink:

I can't wait to see these on an actual Model S!

Dr. T has ordered custom made to order 3-piece forged wheels which will be unveiled very soon. They are truly one of a kind!

These may be a dumb questions but I'll ask anyway. Somewhat directed @ A-E.

1. When upsizing from 21 to 22, I presume it's mostly a visual thing. Are there benefits to cornering or somesuch for the 22s vs. the 21s?
2. When downsizing from 21 to 19 (at vehicle purchase), one of the reasons is to open up more options for tires -- especially w/r/t non-sunshine tires. Are you guys considering looking into <19" wheels as well for the "bad weather special edition" configuration of a Model S?

Thanks.

Good find.

I found this webpage that sells the AE10 style - Ace Alloy Convex Gloss Black w/ Machined Accents Wheels
. I'm not sure how much A&E is asking. A&E seems to have great customer service, so they likely will back a wheel purchase against any complaints or issues you'll have in the future.

A&E may have more to add. No disrespect meant.

Here is what makes our wheel and tire packages different from anywhere else.

1. Customer Service: We pride ourselves on doing "whatever it takes" to make our customers happy. Especially our Tesla clientele.

2. Experience: We have been customizing Tesla cars since 2008 and have a wonderful relationship with Tesla service. We respect and have a clear understanding on what makes a Tesla different from any other car on the road to assure the owners that we will not harm your car in any way.

3. Fitment: Every wheel and tire that we sell is the proper fitment for a Tesla Model S. The wheels have a custom offset and are hub centric (no spacers needed) to assure a proper fitment.

4. Appearance: We include our standard A-E Edition center caps. We also offer the T logo or even a custom logo/monogram at no additional charge.

To sum it all up, Al & Ed's Autosound in West Hollywood, CA is offering turn key solutions for your consideration in support of the Tesla community.

I think the Khumo ECTSA ASX are better spec'ed for the tesla as they are closest overall diameter 27.7 vs. 28.0 and they have the narrower width (10.2") like the MPS tires.

As for service - there's certainly something to be said for service and that which is offered by Al & Ed's. I'm willing to pay for a bit of a markup for someone who did the research and specializes in Tesla's. One concern is just the overall weight of the wheel. I want something that is lighter than stock, not heavier.

Ellie - do you know what these weigh relative to stock. Seems like 38lbs is pretty darn heavy. Have you thought about forged wheels?

I think the Khumo ECTSA ASX are better spec'ed for the tesla as they are closest overall diameter 27.7 vs. 28.0 and they have the narrower width (10.2") like the MPS tires.

As for service - there's certainly something to be said for service and that which is offered by Al & Ed's. I'm willing to pay for a bit of a markup for someone who did the research and specializes in Tesla's. One concern is just the overall weight of the wheel. I want something that is lighter than stock, not heavier.

Ellie - do you know what these weigh relative to stock. Seems like 38lbs is pretty darn heavy. Have you thought about forged wheels?

I plan on weighing the stocks wheels and posting that weight later in the week.

We do offer a variety of 21" and 22" 1-piece or 3-piece forged wheels by Forgiato with special pricing for the Tesla community. These wheels are custom made to order and take 2-3 weeks to be made. They are lighter and better than the factory cast wheel.

These may be a dumb questions but I'll ask anyway. Somewhat directed @ A-E.

1. When upsizing from 21 to 22, I presume it's mostly a visual thing. Are there benefits to cornering or somesuch for the 22s vs. the 21s?
2. When downsizing from 21 to 19 (at vehicle purchase), one of the reasons is to open up more options for tires -- especially w/r/t non-sunshine tires. Are you guys considering looking into <19" wheels as well for the "bad weather special edition" configuration of a Model S?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

1. The stock 21" tires are 245/35/21 and the 22" that we use is 255/30/22. I tiny bit wider which not only helps with appearance but also puts more rubber on the ground which also helps.

2. Here is the AEtwist 19" wheel that will fit the factory tire

Tesla19_zpsa6c10199.jpg