Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S with dark windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have reserved an EU Model S for Norway, but can not see any option for original dark windows?

It will looks much more exlusive with dark toned sideglas.

Anyone knows?

The European specs haven't been published yet, but there isn't any such option for the North American cars because each jurisdiction has different requirements on what is allowed. I suspect that each European country has different regulations as well. In North America folks get the tint put on after delivery. I'm more concerned about not being able to see at night (when backing up or turning) than I am about heat because I can always turn on the a/c.

As far as looks go, that's a personal choice. Let's just say exclusive is not the term I would use.

The European specs haven't been published yet, but there isn't any such option for the North American cars because each jurisdiction has different requirements on what is allowed. I suspect that each European country has different regulations as well. In North America folks get the tint put on after delivery. I'm more concerned about not being able to see at night (when backing up or turning) than I am about heat because I can always turn on the a/c.

As far as looks go, that's a personal choice. Let's just say exclusive is not the term I would use.

There is the option of the UV and heat block tint, that helps keeps the cabin cool but doesn't darken the windows (a very slight tint). I think 3m makes it.

On almost every european car you will have the option of choosing toned Windows from the B-post and back. Sidewindows in front is not allowed to tinting. (Even i allways do it with the 30% tint film. smoke-grey colour.)

It will reduce heat inside the copue in the summer, it prevents people discover your personal belongings left in the car, AND the car looks MUCH better:)

The sight from inside-out is almost not affected, but from outside-in it's significant reduced.

The European specs haven't been published yet, but there isn't any such option for the North American cars because each jurisdiction has different requirements on what is allowed. I suspect that each European country has different regulations as well.

Actually, if it's allowed in one EU contry, it's allowed in all. Seems we're a bit more "integrated" than the US ;)

I'm tinting my windows no matter what. Even my Leaf's got it and I find myself using the rear view camera more and more. So I'm not bying that argument of less view out at night. Besides I also had tinted (35%) Windows on my previous vehicle without Any problems, Even in the midle of the darkest winter here in Norway. And nobody Will ever spot my kids Winnie the Pooh sun(!) protection screens.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm tinting my windows no matter what. Even my Leaf's got it and I find myself using the rear view camera more and more. So I'm not bying that argument of less view out at night. Besides I also had tinted (35%) Windows on my previous vehicle without Any problems, Even in the midle of the darkest winter here in Norway. And nobody Will ever spot my kids Winnie the Pooh sun(!) protection screens.

Growing up in Florida I was used to almost ever car having jet black windows. My car in high school had really dark windows (18% I think). In Atlanta it is much less common, and well I don't have any tint on my windows. But when My S gets here I am getting dark windows. 35% is the legal limit in Georgia and it just isn't quite dark enough.

Has anybody tinted their windows yet? Pictures?? Thinking of tinting by brown Model S but I'd like to see how it looks. All pics welcome =)
sry no links - but there are quite a few done. (Auto image- Belmont) has an S on their page
& I am getting mine done on Saturday - will post pics nextweek

sl.jpg

this is from Auto image webpage (not my pic or car)