TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S with interesting DRL

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nimatoad, Aug 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nimatoad

nimatoad New Member

I spotted this Model S with manufacturer plates near Palo Alto the other day. The DRL looked different and caught my eye.

The rear of the car is what initially caught my eye (sorry - no pics). It somehow seemed stockier, but I could very well have been imagining that. The car didn't have a badge indicating battery capacity, so maybe that's what made it look different.

Attached Files:

2. eyespii

eyespii Member

That is one sweet looking car, but it doesn't look any different to my eye.

3. outie

outie Active Member

4. Navsarin

Navsarin SP100D

Looks like a pre facelift model which received a revised front bumper from a 3rd party. The Tesla logo in the front area is a smaller opening and more angled and the lights seem like the pre facelift daytime running led's.

5. nimatoad

nimatoad New Member

What I found unique was the portion of the headlight that was illuminated. On pre and post-facelift cars, the top strip of the headlight illuminates as well when DRL are on. On this car, they were un-illuminated.

6. ghouston87

ghouston87 Member

Actually. A couple of months after delivery. My (facelift) model S had a defect and one of the headlight DRL went semi bad. It looked exactly like those in the picture. SC replaced it under warranty but it could be that this person has two defective DRL and he hasn't noticed it yet

• Like x 1