Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S won't forget bluetooth phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I need to remove my wife's iPhone from my Tesla's connections, but I've tried at least four times (including one after a scroll-wheel reboot), and all I get is a minutes-long spinning dial and a return to the bluetooth screen with her iPhone displayed prominently.

This is a 2016 Model S 75D MCU1 running 2020.36.11.

Thanks,

Todd

I had the same problem..The first time this happened to me I powered off the car. The second time it happened, powering off the car didn't correct it. So, if you haven't tried powering off, try that it "might" work.

I had the same problem. Here's what worked for me:

1. Created a service appointment.
2. Tesla responded saying that memory folders are 80% full and this causes the vehicle to have strange behavior. They said they cleared unnecessary files and that after an OTA, the problem should be fixed.
3. MCU1 was noticeably faster and more responsive after the update (still way worse than MCU2), but much better. Bluetooth issue was still there! I could not forget old devices.
4. Did a hard reboot. Bluetooth wasn't working at all after this.
5. Did a soft reboot. Bluetooth was back to working fine, still couldn't remove old devices.
6. By disconnecting my currently connected phone via the touchscreen, after all of the above, THEN FINALLY it let me remove old devices!

none of those worked for me...
Bad software quality checks going on.

I had the same problem. Here's what worked for me:

1. Created a service appointment.
2. Tesla responded saying that memory folders are 80% full and this causes the vehicle to have strange behavior. They said they cleared unnecessary files and that after an OTA, the problem should be fixed.
3. MCU1 was noticeably faster and more responsive after the update (still way worse than MCU2), but much better. Bluetooth issue was still there! I could not forget old devices.
4. Did a hard reboot. Bluetooth wasn't working at all after this.
5. Did a soft reboot. Bluetooth was back to working fine, still couldn't remove old devices.
6. By disconnecting my currently connected phone via the touchscreen, after all of the above, THEN FINALLY it let me remove old devices!