Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S won't forget bluetooth phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I need to remove my wife's iPhone from my Tesla's connections, but I've tried at least four times (including one after a scroll-wheel reboot), and all I get is a minutes-long spinning dial and a return to the bluetooth screen with her iPhone displayed prominently.

This is a 2016 Model S 75D MCU1 running 2020.36.11.

Thanks,

Todd

Hello,

I need to remove my wife's iPhone from my Tesla's connections, but I've tried at least four times (including one after a scroll-wheel reboot), and all I get is a minutes-long spinning dial and a return to the bluetooth screen with her iPhone displayed prominently.

This is a 2016 Model S 75D MCU1 running 2020.36.11.

Thanks,

Todd
I assume your trying forget device from the mcu screen?

Hello!

So, just to reiterate, I tried multiple times to get the Tesla to delete the iPhone from the MCU. Lots of spinning dial, but couldn’t get rid of it. Restarted the MCU, no difference. Eventually, had my wife delete the Tesla from her phone; that did not immediately remove the iPhone from the Tesla’s MCU. (This was all across about three days.)

HOWEVER, I noticed last night that her iPhone was finally gone from the Tesla’s MCU. I do not know when it disappeared.

I know this doesn’t actually show “how to,” but maybe provides some hope?

Todd

Hi Todd, Did you get an update to this issue? I have the same issue with my model S 75 2017. Might have to do a factory reset and give that a go next.
Same with my 2017 MS I had to do a factory reset of my phone and did not change phone but will not allow me either to reconnect or delete the device. My M3 had no problem reconnecting to the same phone but now I have no bluetooth phone in my S:eek:

I was going to post the same issue. It is stuck on this screen below. This has been happening for weeks. I tried forced resetting many times but didn’t work. I was away for a week, came back but same issue. Submitted many bug reports. Don’t know what to do except factory reset. Literally trash ass MCU.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 420
Okay so I was able to clear out all the Bluetooth devices after I disconnected from my iPhone via the screen, then forgetting my phone. After that, all the devices was able to be removed easily. Now it’s all cleared out. Might work out for you guys.

Tried to remove my daughters phone from our 2017 S yesterday. Same issue. The car bluetooth was connected to a different phone at the time. Is this a bug or dying computer?

Overall car computer feels much slower these days. Voice isn't usable either. Perhaps a race condition between the MCU and bluetooth module that shows up when the MCU slows down? (wild guess)

Tried to remove my daughters phone from our 2017 S yesterday. Same issue. The car bluetooth was connected to a different phone at the time. Is this a bug or dying computer?

Overall car computer feels much slower these days. Voice isn't usable either. Perhaps a race condition between the MCU and bluetooth module that shows up when the MCU slows down? (wild guess)
Had the same issue for the past month 17 MS I finally called Tesla and they instructed me to reboot screens and it worked!

Had the same issue for the past month 17 MS I finally called Tesla and they instructed me to reboot screens and it worked!
Thanks. I'll try that. On the same trip my center console froze, held the 2 finger salute for a few minutes to get it to reboot. Then the instrument cluster went black (never had that happen except when I specifically rebooted it). I think I'm doomed, but may just be paranoid?

I have been having the same issue on my S. I tried several times and it would not delete. Tesla mobile service came out, reset the Bluetooth module and the tech said he tried it and it worked. I tried again and the result was the same, scrolling wheel. He said that he was going to update the ticket and that I should take the car to the service center. Appointments are getting hard to get in South Florida. First open slots were on the week of December 7th, over a month away.

I had the same problem. Week later, my MCU died completely, eMMC chip failure.

I don't know if it was related or not, but if your eMMC is not yet replaced you perhaps might want to replace it now..

Did Tesla replace your MCU? I'm still under warranty, if mine fails I expect to get it replaced by the warranty.