TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S/x (eu) Ccs Conversion

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by deBoerisTroef, Jun 20, 2019.

1. deBoerisTroef

deBoerisTroef Member

Hi,

As many will know, starting June 1st, Tesla is offering to convert existing Model X and S to be compatible with the CCS charge adapter that's available for now S/X builds.

Has anyone actually gotten this conversion done already?

I (NL) had an appointment planned for June 4th, but it got cancelled last minute because the parts weren't in yet. Mobile service would contact me for an install date.

When I called 2 weeks later to check, it turns out they now have the part and wanted to know when I would be available for this, and where. I shared this info, but got turned down again: allegedly, they have to wait for a software update that supports this mod first.

Since I'm going on holiday to SuC-less Eastern Europe in July, I'm quite anxious to get this done. Did anyone actually get his X or S converted already?

2. Tozz

Tozz Active Member

I believe there aren't any cars that have been modified already.

I'd recommend taking a CHAdeMO adapter as an alternative. It's not as fast as CCS, but is still doable with 43 kW

3. deBoerisTroef

deBoerisTroef Member

Yes, borrowing one is my backup plan - however, availability of CCS charging points is WAY better than CHAdeMO, in Romania, it seems... even though they are usually limited to 50 kWh, that's still half a tank in an hour of shopping, instead of... 3 hours at best, using "22" kW AC chargers...

4. RichieB

RichieB Member

I have my appointment planned at SuC Rotterdam for June 26th. It's not been cancelled yet, nor has it been transferred to Mobile Service as they said they would. I'll keep you posted what happens next week..

5. schemert

schemert Member

At the Tesla store in Eindhoven they told me that after fitting my MX with a CSS the charging capacity could increase up to over the 115KW I have now. Is that correct, or are those not related, the plug and max power at a Supercharger

6. Tozz

Tozz Active Member

Yes, after the upgrade it should go to 150 kW at eg. Fastned or IONITY. However, Fastned is currently limited to 137 kW due to a limitation in their chargers. IONITY I do not know.

Tesla's own Superchargers are currently not able to exceed the ~120 kW.