Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S & X orders ‘End of 2022’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a surprise they've been pushed back given delays in the US, but that's a big pushback.

So likely 24 months without any S or X deliveries in Australia, given last deliveries in Dec 2020.

Not a good looking you'd just missed that boat.

Last edited:
I was looking to order a new Model S but was told baby seats and booster seats aren't really compatible with the roof line and I should look at a Model X as a upgrade from the Model 3. Not sure if anyone has found some good isofix Australian compatible seats.

I never had an issue in my S regarding baby/booster seats, admittedly our X was better though....our son is now 145cm+ so haven’t had to bother anymore....go the car you want! I like our X, like my 3 overall more, however I loved my S (still miss it)!

Not sure if existing orders are affected, but new orders for Model S & X are listed as arriving ’End of 2022’
That should help hold up resale values for existing S/X.

A friend of my brother, new to EVs, bought a performance Model S for $200k in September last year and is going to sell it. He’s had a litany of annoying issues with it and been back to service 3 or 4 times. Things like the charge port flap not closing properly and being ‘fixed’ each time only for the problem to reoccur. He thinks that given the amount of money he spent on the car, Tesla service has been woeful and not remotely near the standard he would expect from a prestige car company.

I suppose some are unlucky and get ‘lemons’ or cars with a disproportionate number of minor but annoying issues. Disappointing to hear stories like this.

At least he is staying with EVs - apparently looking at the Audi e-Tron or Jaguar i-Pace.

Reactions: InternetDude
That should help hold up resale values for existing S/X.

A friend of my brother, new to EVs, bought a performance Model S for $200k in September last year and is going to sell it. He’s had a litany of annoying issues with it and been back to service 3 or 4 times. Things like the charge port flap not closing properly and being ‘fixed’ each time only for the problem to reoccur. He thinks that given the amount of money he spent on the car, Tesla service has been woeful and not remotely near the standard he would expect from a prestige car company.

I suppose some are unlucky and get ‘lemons’ or cars with a disproportionate number of minor but annoying issues. Disappointing to hear stories like this.

At least he is staying with EVs - apparently looking at the Audi e-Tron or Jaguar i-Pace.
We recently sold our S (in advance of receiving the now later-than-anticipated new Model S). Picked up an iPace to tie us over and very very impressed. Sublime handling and quality interior. Shame it doesn’t come with Tesla infotainment!

Reactions: InternetDude