Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Owners Have Priority Model 3 Orders Over Non-Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who gets there car first all else being the same?
This I can answer definitively. Elon gets his car first.

Outside of that, all guesses are just that. We don't know what's going to make the most sense to Tesla, we can just infer from what they've done in the past - most recently with the X rollout. I got my 90D before many P90Ds - which was a benefit of being in California and them trying to do a Q1 push. It's not always clear and certainly not terribly predictable.

Reactions: Canuck
But which options?

I could get the standard battery, with tons of options, and my car could be more expensive than a better battery with less options.

Who gets there car first all else being the same?

-smak-

This I can answer definitively. Elon gets his car first.

Outside of that, all guesses are just that. We don't know what's going to make the most sense to Tesla, we can just infer from what they've done in the past - most recently with the X rollout. I got my 90D before many P90Ds - which was a benefit of being in California and them trying to do a Q1 push. It's not always clear and certainly not terribly predictable.

I believe Ohmman has it right. Sequence I see:

1. Staff of Tesla/Space X (maybe Solar City?)
2. California previous owners with Max options, then other previous owners with max options moving west to east. *
*If TM has given some guidance in a quarter and it appears they may miss guidance then any 'local deliveries'
3. Less optioned previous owners and other non previous owners west to east
4. Overseas orders unless other European/Asian factories online