Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Performance Pedal Set?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Daniellane

The Tesla Guy
Supporting Member
Considering having the Model S/X Performance Pedal Set from the Tesla online store installed on my new Model S 100D when I take Delivery later this month. Any thoughts?
Pros Cons regrets?
Model S/X Performance Pedal Set
7EC287A5-6564-4220-8951-391A3CA53A68.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: vraev
It's cheaper to buy a set off of ebay and install them yourselves. Look almost identical
Thought of doing that.
Accelerator, brake pedals & steering wheel are the primary human to machine interface.
$150 is reasonable considering it includes installation at SC.
More interested in user experience from those who have had this upgrade installed at SC.

Reactions: beej
I have these from eBay. Some thoughts: (1) they are a royal pain to install!!! And (2) after six months of use the rubber “stripes” are getting quite worn. I suspect the Tesla parts are worth the premium.

Its the accelerator pedal thats a PIA....ive never been so upset trying to stretch rubber in my life.... lol. A trick if you end up ordering the ones from ebay...get some boiling water and soak the pedals in there for about 10 minutes, it does wonders in stretching out the rubber making it a lot easier to bend around the pedals.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I got the Tesla one for my 100D and I am very happy with them. I looked at many available online but in the end I decided against it after reading reviews. Mine has been installed for over 5 months and look the same as the day they got installed at the SC (after a quick occasional wipe of the mud or other debris with a wet paper towel). I also installed the dead pedal from cozero.co seems that the metal part is very close in quality as the pedal from Tesla but not as easy to clean, rubber is not as nice but good enough as it isn't used as much especially partially covered with the all weather mats.

I got the Tesla one for my 100D and I am very happy with them. I looked at many available online but in the end I decided against it after reading reviews. Mine has been installed for over 5 months and look the same as the day they got installed at the SC (after a quick occasional wipe of the mud or other debris with a wet paper towel). I also installed the dead pedal from cozero.co seems that the metal part is very close in quality as the pedal from Tesla but not as easy to clean, rubber is not as nice but good enough as it isn't used as much especially partially covered with the all weather mats.
Can you please post an image that shows the dead pedal from cozero.com in relation to the all weather mat?

Its the accelerator pedal thats a PIA....ive never been so upset trying to stretch rubber in my life.... lol. A trick if you end up ordering the ones from ebay...get some boiling water and soak the pedals in there for about 10 minutes, it does wonders in stretching out the rubber making it a lot easier to bend around the pedals.
A while back I read a thread that pointed me to a pedal set on eBay for my wife Model X. $35 I bought them months ago with eBay Bucks. I installed them today. I remember the person in the thread saying half way through they were having serious regrets. I also remember them saying the brake pedal was impossible and the accelerator pedal was easy. I had your experience, the accelerator pedal is the hard one. It just slips over the other post read and it does slip over the plastic pedal but holy cow that top right corner was hard. I didn’t read this first about the hot water trick but that’s a good idea. I kept the old pedal pad for the brake just in case we need to switch back.

When I purchased the Tesla Metal cover set on line for delivery day, Tesla had lost the shipment to the service center. When they finally had a replacement shipped, the service Tech told me they were a pain to install and SOAP was the magic trick used to make the job easier.