Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Performance Pedal Set?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, now, are they slippery... Usability?
Did the SC give you the replaced original factory pedals at delivery?
Would you swap them back if possible?
There might be some confusion we should clarify. My Model S P100D has the OEM performance pedals that ship from the factory with the car. So there is nothing to swap back to. I would suspect that the S.C. would say normal wear and tear because literally it’s from normal wear. I haven’t asked because they work fine, in fact I noticed it when I compared the eBay ones (for our Model X 100D) to my OEM ones (on my Model S P100D) and they are indistinguishable in terms of looks but I did notice how worn mine are now on my Model S.

Usability is unchanged the OEM ones work as good as new so no need to change. If it becomes a safety issue surely I’ll have them changed.

I ordered a set of the performance pedals for my S85 online directly from Tesla... Ordered on February 7th, arrived on March 1st (I'm in Florida, but they told me there was a shortage at the time even at the Fremont office). The mobile Technicians came to my house and installed them which was cool.

Very happy with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20180302_084912.jpg
    IMG_20180302_084912.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 258
There might be some confusion we should clarify. My Model S P100D has the OEM performance pedals that ship from the factory with the car. So there is nothing to swap back to. I would suspect that the S.C. would say normal wear and tear because literally it’s from normal wear. I haven’t asked because they work fine, in fact I noticed it when I compared the eBay ones (for our Model X 100D) to my OEM ones (on my Model S P100D) and they are indistinguishable in terms of looks but I did notice how worn mine are now on my Model S.

Usability is unchanged the OEM ones work as good as new so no need to change. If it becomes a safety issue surely I’ll have them changed.

Since you have both the OEM ones and eBay ones and note that they look idential - how do the materials compare? I have non-OEM (I forgot the source, but let's call them "eBay") and while they look very good, I am not sure that they are, in fact, "aluminum". They seem more like a metalized-plastic. Though I can't be 100% sure that is the case.

I was wondering if the OEM pedals are clearly aluminum or if the OEM and eBay pedals seem like they are made out of the same material. Thanks.

Since you have both the OEM ones and eBay ones and note that they look idential - how do the materials compare? I have non-OEM (I forgot the source, but let's call them "eBay") and while they look very good, I am not sure that they are, in fact, "aluminum". They seem more like a metalized-plastic. Though I can't be 100% sure that is the case.

I was wondering if the OEM pedals are clearly aluminum or if the OEM and eBay pedals seem like they are made out of the same material. Thanks.
They non OEM ones are metal. They are painted and the paint has a tiny amount of stippling on them. The OEM ones are anodized aluminum or at least it has that look. From close up there is a clear quality difference but from 3 feet it’s hard to tell. Also my dirty shoes like them both equally in case you were wondering.:D