Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Refresh UK Waiting Room

James-R10

Model S Plaid 01/02/21 MSM/BlackCF/FSD/21" EU+ M3P
Aug 19, 2017
UK
Thought I'd created a thread for those waiting for a refreshed Model S/X.

Had mine ordered since Jan this year and I've been told earliest is Q4 2022 :(

Anyone else in UK&I ordered one and heard any more about delivery dates?

Reactions: VanillaAir_UK

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
My S is coming up to 3yrs old but no way would i consider any car without being able to test it first. I'm not prepared to assume that it'll be as comfortable for my size with whatever internal changes they've made. I did want the roadster but heaven knows when that's actually going to some to the UK. It's the range I'm after and plaid + is off the makers list.
Here's my math (and I don't care how others refute it). 500miles = 400 miles winter. Allow winter safety margins for stopping off and everything getting cold, traffic jams or incidents of 50 miles and we're at 350 miles - or effectively 175mile radius from home unless I’m prepared to stick to motorways or make SC detours. That and not being allowed to port my FSD despite it never being as promised when I got it, The high cost = high loss on any new car. Whether I can afford it or not isn't the point - it has to be perfect for me. I don't see me ever bothering with launch control and hanging around for battery conditioning etc. My 4 second S is more than enough.
Q4 2022 on Elon time? Perhaps with 2 new factories he'll make it, but I bet he's keener on Cybertruck sales and who knows what new stuff and new charger options will be about by 2023....?

F_vo

Sep 25, 2016
Edegem
I ordered mine this week, Model X plaid, since overhere in Belgium, the difference between the long range and the plaid is only 15 000 €.

I regret that the range is only 340 miles, since if you only charge for 80% you are left with 272 miles (438 km). So you do not empty your battery, leaving you with a summer range of 249 miles (400 km).

Which is not enough since in winter you have maybe 200 miles (320 km).....

So would prefer a battery of 400 miles (some 640 km).

I always wondered why Tesla does NOT offer HEAD UP DISPLAY? which i had with my ML, X5 40D, X5 M50D.

Mercedes offers with their EV a full year of free charging, 10 years on the battery and 155000 miles (250 000 km) if battery needs to be repaired.

Lucid Air offres 3 years olf free charging, so i feel that Tesla is behind here.

I went for the Model X for the space it offers.

Hopefully car gets delivered march 2022, but you never know....

François

SR-Plus

Sep 2, 2020
United Kingdom
Why does everyone think you need to get to your destination and back home without charging? I can understand this if you’re commuting 5 days a week. But for the odd journey, a couple times of year, surely stopping for 20 minutes isn’t going to kill you? I’ve never had a problem of using a SUC, always been one available whenever I’ve turned up and always working.

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
Why does everyone think you need to get to your destination and back home without charging? I can understand this if you’re commuting 5 days a week. But for the odd journey, a couple times of year, surely stopping for 20 minutes isn’t going to kill you? I’ve never had a problem of using a SUC, always been one available whenever I’ve turned up and always working.
You assume your route goes past a supercharger - otherwise it's a variable detour.

ukevowner

Jul 4, 2020
UK
Don’t shout!
Any UK Model X LR on order with any news : Dates (Even rough months etc)

I ordered in March this year (2021) and can’t remember what the lead time was on the UK site when I ordered.
UK site says “End of 2022” but I am positive when I ordered mine it was not the end of 2022.
I would of still ordered it if it was, but as I said I’m confident it was earlier.
I am thinking it was June 2022, delivery
Has anyone else UK ordered around March this year?

gangzoom

May 22, 2014
Uk
Tesla RHD X orders at the moment look like £5000/year insurance quotes you get from companies that just don't want to insure you.

I see price has gone up by £5000 too, 6 seater in white interior is now £103k without adding in AP. Mad to think in 2016 you could get a base X for £64k and its essentially the same car but with a bigger battery and a new MCU computer.

It feels like Tesla really don't want to make/sell the X anymore, so they are just pushing customers to the Y.

It really wouldn't susprise me if the Cybertruck makes an appearance next year in the US Tesla drops the X shortly after :(.

imstitch

Mar 18, 2021
Scotland
Don’t shout!
Any UK Model X LR on order with any news : Dates (Even rough months etc)

I ordered in March this year (2021) and can’t remember what the lead time was on the UK site when I ordered.
UK site says “End of 2022” but I am positive when I ordered mine it was not the end of 2022.
I would of still ordered it if it was, but as I said I’m confident it was earlier.
I am thinking it was June 2022, delivery
Has anyone else UK ordered around March this year?

RHD models are always the last ones to be made. EU est is Q1 2022 so I would expect RHD models would be Q3/Q4 2022. The website originally said mid 2022.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC