Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S75 AP2.5 FSD - 2019.32.11 - no Cuphead, Karioki, NetFlix???

TMeister

Gearhead
Oct 6, 2016
Boise, ID
What do you mean by "OP is MCU 1"?

I have 2.5 and FSD (waiting for HW 3.0 board).
Should get NetFlix, Cuphead, etc.
Current theory is the install did not complete correctly.
You're the OP. It means that you likely have MCU1 which is the computer running your display. The features you describe are enabled on MCU2 which started to show up in cars in March 2018. So the assumption is you don't have MCU2.

Reactions: glide

Warbird

Oct 6, 2017
Boston
You're the OP. It means that you likely have MCU1 which is the computer running your display. The features you describe are enabled on MCU2 which started to show up in cars in March 2018. So the assumption is you don't have MCU2.

What does "OP" mean?

Just checked using TeslaTap.cpm/mcu.
I have MCU1.
But I also have HW2.5.

teslatap.com/articles/autopilot-processors-and-hardware-mcu-hw-demystified/
This is confusing...

MCU 1 or 2
AP/HW 1, 2, 2.5, 3.0

So you're saying that MCU2 is required for which features?
I MCU1 up-gradable to MCU2?

Raechris

Nov 21, 2017
Boston
What does "OP" mean?

Just checked using TeslaTap.cpm/mcu.
I have MCU1.
But I also have HW2.5.

teslatap.com/articles/autopilot-processors-and-hardware-mcu-hw-demystified/
This is confusing...

MCU 1 or 2
AP/HW 1, 2, 2.5, 3.0

So you're saying that MCU2 is required for which features?
I MCU1 up-gradable to MCU2?
MCU - Media Control Unit version 1 cant currently run Cuphead, NFLX, YT, Carokie because the nvidia cpu is old and maxed out. MCU 2 runs newer intel cpu
AP is another computer in the car. V.2.5 has all the hardware needed. V.3 is just a cpu upgrade for the AP computer and has nothing to do with MCU

Warbird

Oct 6, 2017
Boston
Here we go...

IMG_20191001_073929.jpg

Shiro

Sep 3, 2017
SoCal
If it's MCU1, it would not be expected to have Dashcam features at all, only Sentry with no recording of videos.
This is not accurate. I have MCU1 with HW2.5, waiting on HW3 retrofit and I have dashcam and sentry mode w/ video recording

Shiro

Sep 3, 2017
SoCal
Waiting for the swap to hw3 computer then, would mean the sentry will record even with mcu1 hw2.0.
If you purchased FSD and have hw 2.0 then I *think* you will be upgraded to the HW2.5 camera suite in addition to the HW3 computer and at that point you would have 3 camera sentry recording with MCU1

nimrooz

Apr 9, 2017
Norway
I guess it would only be need to change the cameras themselves, no wires etc, as they are not using vga connections.
But I'm not sure about this...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC