Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model SP Total Loss Transfer FSD to Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*looks at pictures*

Yep - that's definitely totaled. Glad all parties involved are okay and another testament to the safety of a Tesla. When my first Model S was destroyed in an accident (almost 1 month after I purchased it), the insurance company was able to use the order agreement sheet to make sure I was properly compensated for each optional add-on the car had. You should be able to get what you paid for FSD back.

I received my new offer for the total loss. After providing receipts for FSD computer and MCU upgrade, they increased the offer $4k. Obviously this wouldn’t cover FSD for my new vehicle purchase. What would you guys suggest as next steps? The new plaid I ordered was without any autopilot upgrade.

I received my new offer for the total loss. After providing receipts for FSD computer and MCU upgrade, they increased the offer $4k. Obviously this wouldn’t cover FSD for my new vehicle purchase. What would you guys suggest as next steps? The new plaid I ordered was without any autopilot upgrade.
Find comparable models year and milage on the Tesla website does that match your offer closely? If not provide that proof to them, also run KBB values and nada values use those to prove your vehicles worth,
they will NEVER give you what you want instantly it’s all about saving their money if you say yes early they save money
you have to be happy with the end result because there are no second chances.

4K is pretty fair I think. That's probably close to the market rate for FSD on a used Tesla?

Reactions: jjrandorin
Obviously this wouldn’t cover FSD for my new vehicle purchase.
Nor is it intended to. They owe you the market value of FSD on a comparable used car, and I think $4k is a pretty fair assessment of that value.

Does the amount they're offering you match closely with the market price of a used car similar to yours? If so, you've gotten what you're owed. If not, provide some counterexamples to the insurance company to make your case.

Fixating on what FSD costs on a new Plaid is irrelevant to the conversation and calculation.

Nor is it intended to. They owe you the market value of FSD on a comparable used car, and I think $4k is a pretty fair assessment of that value.

Does the amount they're offering you match closely with the market price of a used car similar to yours? If so, you've gotten what you're owed. If not, provide some counterexamples to the insurance company to make your case.

Fixating on what FSD costs on a new Plaid is irrelevant to the conversation and calculation.

Yes. When I totaled a vehicle the insurance company even gave me 3 comparable used vehicles they found in NorCal and averaged the price of those to come up with their offer. This was Geico. So if you have 3 comparable quotes with the same options, I think that is fair.

Reactions: ucmndd