Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model SP Total Loss Transfer FSD to Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Unfortunately my Model SP was involved in an accident and deemed a total loss and the police report states the other driver was fully at fault. I had FSD installed 03/02/22. I am working with a sales rep at TSLA trying to get FSD added to the new vehicle via transfer or very least, a discounted rate. Has anyone had any success doing this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6841.jpg
    IMG_6841.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_6843.jpg
    IMG_6843.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_6868.jpg
    IMG_6868.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6870.jpg
    IMG_6870.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 130
If you somehow get that to happen, you will not only be the first I have heard of who "transferred" anything related to FSD from one vehicle to another, you will likely set off a firestorm of people saying the same, as well as posts on multiple EV blogs about this happeneing.

TL ; DR - No, tesla doesnt transfer FSD from one vehicle to another. Perhaps they let you buy it at a slightly discounted rate, but I highly doubt it.

Thankfully no serious injuries for me and the other driver. I’ll keep you all posted on what happens and I’m also working with the insurance side having FSD added to the price they’re offering.
Operator64 replied while I was typing this - totally agree, insurance should compensate for the cost of FSD. Might take some arguing though.

Looks like a nasty accident, I hope all were OK!

Thankfully no serious injuries for me and the other driver. I’ll keep you all posted on what happens and I’m also working with the insurance side having FSD added to the price they’re offering.
Just remember that you should be in the same position as far as the car in the seconds before the accident, any accessories added to the S would be due to you in part or whole depending on depreciation,FSD should be provided in whole at current price

Hello,

Unfortunately my Model SP was involved in an accident and deemed a total loss and the police report states the other driver was fully at fault. I had FSD installed 03/02/22. I am working with a sales rep at TSLA trying to get FSD added to the new vehicle via transfer or very least, a discounted rate. Has anyone had any success doing this? Thanks in advance!
There is zero chance of this happening.

The best you can hope for, is that you bought FSD after you bought the vehicle, and had it insured separately with your insurance co.

Just remember that you should be in the same position as far as the car in the seconds before the accident, any accessories added to the S would be due to you in part or whole depending on depreciation,FSD should be provided in whole at current price
People seem to think this is how insurance works. It isn’t.

That is how it should work.

Reactions: 2101Guy
I doubt Tesla will do the transfer or even the discounted rate.

Since you are not at fault you should get that money from the other insurance to re buy FSD ( I know it is 12 vs 15 now but your lawyer can request that as part of the settlement)

Tesla doesn't owe you a discount/transfer on FSD and they're not going to give you one. You are 100% wasting your time going down this path.

The insurance company paying the claim owes you replacement value for the car you wrecked, including any options. That means the cost required to replace the wrecked car with an equivalent used one.

So a similar models S with FSD agreed, however a similar model S without FSD that can be added to make the OP whole would fetch current retail value of the FSD plus tax
The insurance company doesn't need to find the actual replacement car though - just establish the value of it. Given FSD's resale value is a small fraction of the cost when new, they're going to argue that the VALUE of FSD on an equivalent car is far less than the current retail price.

The insurance company doesn't need to find the actual replacement car though - just establish the value of it. Given FSD's resale value is a small fraction of the cost when new, they're going to argue that the VALUE of FSD on an equivalent car is far less than the current retail price.
They can argue anything they want and they will, does Not change the “make you whole” phrase written in the law