TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S's in Tulsa Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BridgerOKC, Jun 21, 2018.

1. BridgerOKC

BridgerOKC New Member

Hi all -- I was told that a TON of Model Ss have shown up in Oklahoma in the last few months -- like 10% of the US' entire sales for April were in Tulsa, and 4th largest number of any state in the country -- In the heart of Fossil Fuel land...... what's going on?

2. Astraviel

Astraviel Member

Revolution.

3. BridgerOKC

BridgerOKC New Member

Yeah, but I was hoping someone out there local could give a reason why in one month Tesla delivered more Model S' to Oklahoma than in the prior 5 years combined.....

4. arcus

arcus Active Member

Tulsa, Tesla... same thing :p

5. JeffMH

JeffMH New Member

I am in Tulsa, and take deliver of a Model S Saturday! Glad to hear there will be more. Maybe we can get the state to finally change it's ways on allowing Tesla to sell here and maybe we can get another Super Charger on the west side of town!

6. Malbrough

Malbrough Member

Need some chargers at the Stroud turnpike McDonald's so I don't have to go all the way to the Hard Rock to charge before returning to OKC.

7. brutewolf

brutewolf Member

I’m in Tulsa. What is your source on this?

8. Rogallo

Rogallo Member

Agreed, where does this info come from?

9. Brentt

Brentt Member

I'm just outside of Tulsa. I can't confirm the numbers, but I have a Tesla Destination charger at my business, and I can say for sure, it has been getting more use, and primarily Model S. The number of places to charge is also increasing exponentially. I don't think it so much because of more cars, but because there were so few to begin with, it seems like a lot.