TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X 0-60 sub 4s?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by adiggs, Aug 23, 2014.

1. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

As long as we're having fun making stuff up, whiling away the hours/days/weeks/months until we get actual Model X information, this link showed up in the Off Topic forum.

See slide 9 and the Model X skateboard graphic:
    http://www.irf.com/investor/2013annualpresentation.pdf

Just like the Model X skateboard graphic on the Tesla Motors website, but with the 5 in 0-60 crossed out, and a 4 written in.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I didn't see it on slide 9

3. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Lower right. Oh yea baby!

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Ah. Sorry, looking at it on my iPhone. Impressive! I wonder if this is something they are saying could be possible with their technology not just what Tesla is going to do this year. Good find.

5. wstuff

wstuff Junior Member

I actually thought it was going to be in the 3.6 range with the 4 wheel drive model, the torque of two motors pulling, should be a fun ride.

6. Yuri_G

Yuri_G Member

They may be using the wrong picture for the skateboard because they reference the Model S P85's 0-60 time later in the pdf as 3.9 seconds. No mention of the X.

7. LAGrove

LAGrove New Member

The 3.9 sec 0 to 60 time is the time that was tested by Motor Trend and the slide is referring to the model S P85 currently in production - not the model X

8. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

To be clear, though slide 9 DOES have a picture of a Model S on it, the skateboard is clearly the Model X skateboard (both a rear and front motor in the picture). Of course, the person assembling the slide might have grabbed the wrong picture, and they could be referring to the 3.9s 0-60 time tested by Motor Trend.

But heck, as long as we're having fun making stuff up while we're waiting for real information from Tesla about the Model X, this is a meatier scrap than average.

Then again, there was at least 1 point in time where Tesla was claiming on the Model X page, that the second motor would enabled AT LEAST 50% more torque. 50% more torque on a 20% heavier vehicle - I figure the 0-60 time is coming down, not going up.

9. Nixter

Nixter Member

Somewhere in the official TESLA model X specs released onto the net there was a number given of 4.4 seconds for its 0 to 60 time. That was a while ago and probably did not consider a high performance version of the X. It is reasonable to expect an even lower time if a performance version is released. I cannot recall the location of the information, but I'm pretty sure that I saw it.

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Model X | Tesla Motors

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect.

Correcting...
    Some are making the leap that a dual-motor skateboard implies it's a Model X skateboard. I think it's premature to make that leap.

11. Nixter

Nixter Member

#11 Nixter, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    x2scrap.png
    Picture above shows the graphic in question.

Video below gives the performance specs.

The zero to sixty acceleration time is given in this YouTube video, the pertinent information starts @7m12secs.
    This link should automatically start at the correct time; Tesla Model X SUV - YouTube

12. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

True enough - the only dual motor skateboard/vehicle Tesla has announced is Model X, which will (at least initially), be exclusively AWD. As I also commented when I started the thread, when you're making stuff up while waiting for actual info, it's a slightly thicker thread to hang on by than normally available. It's still making stuff up until actual info is here.

Oh how I want actual information, and not pictures in presentations by third parties on unrelated topics.