Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model x 100D: falcon door repair/replacement? possible trade for model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

found out about this community from another tesla owner.

2018 model x 100D owner about 45k miles . recently passenger faclon door was left open while getting out just outside the garage and ended up catching on the garbage entrance while pulling the car in the garage. not sure if tesla can repair this, possible replacement.

Wondering the following:

1. If repaired/ replaced by Tesla, would tesla record this as an accident and would it show in carfax as well?
2. How does this affect resale or trade in? and how do i go about getting estimated trade in value?
3. Nearby tesla collision center is backed up by 4 months atleast and tesla is pushing me to go to other third party certified collision/repair? any thoughts on that?
4. does it make sense to trade in with tesla and get model Y with incentives ?

Much appreciated.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your incident with the Falcon Wing door on your Tesla Model X. Here are some answers to your questions:

1. If Tesla repairs or replaces the Falcon Wing door, they will likely record it as a repair, but it should not be classified as an accident. However, it's always best to confirm this with Tesla directly. As for whether it will show up on a Carfax report, that will depend on whether the repair is reported to Carfax. Not all repairs are reported to Carfax, so it's possible that it may not show up.
  2. Any damage or repairs can potentially affect the resale or trade-in value of a vehicle. It's difficult to estimate how much it would affect your specific vehicle without seeing it in person, but it's possible that it could have a minor impact. To get an estimated trade-in value, you can use online tools like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds, or visit a Tesla dealership for an appraisal.
  3. If the nearby Tesla collision center is backed up by 4 months, it may be worthwhile to consider a third-party repair shop that is certified by Tesla. These shops are trained to work on Tesla vehicles and use Tesla-approved parts, so they should be able to provide a high-quality repair. Just make sure to do your research and choose a reputable shop.
  4. It's always a personal decision whether to trade in a vehicle and upgrade to a new one. If you are interested in the incentives that Tesla is offering for the Model Y, it may be worth exploring. Again, it's important to do your research and weigh the costs and benefits before making a decision.
I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Joseph Amato
From Precision Auto Styling

Upvote 0