TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X 100D motor torque value

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by ecarfan, Jul 5, 2017.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

(NOTE: I'm just looking for facts and hoping to avoid contentious discussions of Tesla horsepower ratings and 0-60 times. Thank you.)

I've searched TMC and using Google but do not find any numbers for X100D motor torque. As far as I know Tesla vehicle specification pages like Model X Specifications have never shown that number. I can only find numbers for Model S 85, 85D, 90D. Can't find 100D.

I am aware that the recent decrease in non-Performance 0-60 times may have changed torque values. I'm just looking for a source. I am also aware that there are differing points of view on how to accurately measure torque.

My motivation for wanting to know this is not simply idle curiousity. Next year I will be towing a camper trailer with an X100D. I'm sure I will have many conversations with other camper trailer owners for years to come about what it is like to use an EV for towing. One thing I plan to emphasize in such conversations is the clear advantage of not only having full torque from 0mph but also having a much greater amount of torque than any ICE vehicle that is used for towing a camper trailer. So I would like to have a number in my head to use when discussing that topic.

Thanks.

2. ecarfan

Bumping this thread to see if I can get a response to my post of July 2017...

• Funny x 1
  3. lymex2018

lymex2018 Member

4. ecarfan

Thanks, but it seems that the posts in that thread are guesses.

5. lymex2018

lymex2018 Member

Well, if Tesla provides no spec, we have to find some way else.
    You can use 660Nm of Model S 100D as the torque since they (highly likely) share the same powertrain.