Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 100d not connecting to Tesla toolbox 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Tesla model X 100d that I picked up at an auction from Tesla corporate the vehicle retains a clean title even though it has been in an accident. I purchased Tesla toolbox 3 one month subscription thinking I could clear the crash in TAS and the SRS module but I’m unable to connect to toolbox I keep getting an error “traffic to Odin blocked” and the it times out.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced anything like this or if they have a solution. The car is running V8.1 software. This is my first Tesla project so learning a lot and trying to get this thing back on the road. It drives but the suspension is slammed so it rubs on just about anything. I’d prefer to figure it out on my own with out having to take it in to the service center.

Attachments

• 6E859772-97E5-4BAC-8490-27E8A6D618B4.jpeg
    6E859772-97E5-4BAC-8490-27E8A6D618B4.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 1,932
"What is Toolbox Proxy?
Toolbox Proxy is a lightweight Windows application which helps the Toolbox website make connections to Tesla vehicles.
Tesla Model S and Model X vehicles with the first-generation "Tegra" car computer (built between 2012 and the first half of 2018) use a security mechanism that cannot be accessed by a web browser. To make a wired connection to these vehicles with the Toolbox website, the Toolbox proxy application is required."
you need this thing.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I think last time I saw that it was some sort of a timezone or time problem on a laptop.
either way you have to get it working because otherwise, just like the documentation says, toolbox3 does not work with tegra-based cars
What does it look like when it’s opened? I have a little Tesla logo saying it’s a running app but is it just in the background?

What does it look like when it’s opened? I have a little Tesla logo saying it’s a running app but is it just in the background?
Go to articles tab and type in "toolbox" and hit enter ..did you allow insure content with toolbox page ?
search for toolbox and open articles did you set the chrome site settings for toolbox ? allow insecure content

Attachments

• tool.JPG
    tool.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 611
I think this is my issue but when I do the brake and turn signal for 10 seconds nothing happens. Also tried to hold the T logo and type “service” and that didn’t work either.

Attachments

• 9806ECEA-3442-4622-B7C5-E3B8201B10F9.jpeg
    9806ECEA-3442-4622-B7C5-E3B8201B10F9.jpeg
    662 KB · Views: 585
After hours of messing around I cannot get the car into service mode. This car sat for 3 years with no update so currently running V8 2018.2
I think it not being in service mode is what is blocking toolbox three from communicating with ODIN.

Here’s a picture of what show when trying to connect to toolbox 3 any help getting this into service mode and figured out is greatly appreciated.
A44ED7C3-6360-495C-AA53-3E67D0CFA021.jpeg

Do anyone know how to get the car into service mode without being at a service center in the US? Are they GEO fenced to only let it enter service mode near authorized service centers? How do you use toolbox if you cant put the car in service mode?

This car sat for 3 years with no update so currently running V8 2018.2
you should have started with this.
such old tegra firmware does not have toolbox3 support. (there's no service mode in that old version either, it was added sometime in 2020 if memory serves right)

On the plus side, there are plenty of exploits for it so you can just root it to unlock the port and then use toolbox2

Reactions: BigPenny
you should have started with this.
such old tegra firmware does not have toolbox3 support. (there's no service mode in that old version either, it was added sometime in 2020 if memory serves right)

On the plus side, there are plenty of exploits for it so you can just root it to unlock the port and then use toolbox2
Are there anyways to do it without rooting it? I have heard of using the T can Pro but haven't decided if its worth the $1.8k

if you are after service mode - there's no such mode in the old firmware the car is currently running so you'll have to update it first.

I am sure T-can can do some things you want to do, but whenever it can do everything I don't know since it's not clear what is it you want to do.

if you are after service mode - there's no such mode in the old firmware the car is currently running so you'll have to update it first.

I am sure T-can can do some things you want to do, but whenever it can do everything I don't know since it's not clear what is it you want to do.
Sorry I have the car that I picked up from auction it was in an accident and needs the srs rest and the TAS cleared because currently the suspension is slammed. It runs and drives but I want to get those issues resolved before I contact tesla as it retains a clean title. Thank you for your help and information on this!