Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 20” slipstream ET40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased from a wheel shop who had painted the wheels and center caps gunmetal gray, which basically looks like OEM dark gray.
I bought spacers to experiment with and needed more spacer than I felt I should in the front, and finally read the back of my front wheels up front which say 9.0j ET40. AFAIK Model C Slipstream wheels are all et35 front and back, with the rear wheels coming in 9.5j or 10j. So what’s up?
It’s bothering me, like are these wheels fake! Lol. They say Tesla and are in perfect shape... and they’re easy to come by cheaply so the 20” slipstream wouldnt be worth imitating anyhow. Just trying to see if it’s just me?
I don’t have a pic of the back at the moment.

Attachments

• 7705A74E-7C22-4B99-81F8-8DBCEF99B91B.jpeg
    7705A74E-7C22-4B99-81F8-8DBCEF99B91B.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 81
I purchased from a wheel shop who had painted the wheels and center caps gunmetal gray, which basically looks like OEM dark gray.
I bought spacers to experiment with and needed more spacer than I felt I should in the front, and finally read the back of my front wheels up front which say 9.0j ET40. AFAIK Model C Slipstream wheels are all et35 front and back, with the rear wheels coming in 9.5j or 10j. So what’s up?
It’s bothering me, like are these wheels fake! Lol. They say Tesla and are in perfect shape... and they’re easy to come by cheaply so the 20” slipstream wouldnt be worth imitating anyhow. Just trying to see if it’s just me?
I don’t have a pic of the back at the moment.
No I don't think it's fake. I bought a used set off a member and they are exactly the same.

Post in thread 'My 2016 Tesla Model S 75D story - purchased June 2019' My 2016 Tesla Model S 75D story - purchased June 2019

I know that when the Model X first came out it came with 10 inch wide wheels in the rear. Later Tesla switched to 9.5 inches

Reactions: BostonBurley