Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 20' Slipstreams on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for 20" summer wheels for my P100D. Yes, it's a performance car, but I'm a long distance driver who lives in Montreal (aka world capital of potholes and bad road surface in general). Hence, I'm looking for the right balance between performance, durability and resistance to blowout/rim damage. So far my options are TSportline 20" (staggered or not) and Model X Slipstreams. I like the OEM and OEM-like designs.

Does anyone have experience with 20" (Model X) Slipstreams on a Model S? Please share your pictures and experience with us.

I'm also wondering about tire sizes. There's a discrepancy between what ppl on this forum recommend for the Model X Slipstreams (275-35-20), and what T Sportline recommends for it's rear wheels (275-40-20).

OEM 20" Slipstream (Model X) Staggered wheels PLUS Tires/TPMS for SMALLER (Model S) Sedan Fitment!!!

TST 20" Tesla Model S Wheel - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories

I don't quite understand why you would go from a 40 profile to 35 for the Slipstreams rear wheels, but not with the T Sportlines. Does it look weird to have front and rear tires with different profiles? I fear using 35 rear tires negates the benefits of a 20" wheel.

Thanks for helping and posting pictures.