Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - 2013 Detroit Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358187496.362093.jpg

Here is the mystery vehicle...

Not sure about that!! Hahahaha Doesn't like like a cup holder at all to me but there is definatly something there. I hope somebody goes and checks it out and reports back or maybe some reporter will get a good enough look!

I plan on attending on Saturday. Ill take lots of photos and post them for all to see. My 16 yo is going with me. I hope he is compelled to trade in his BMW X3 for the Model X after he sees it.

Wired has a photo showing carbon fiber wheels...

Live at Detroit Auto Show Day 1 | Autopia | Wired.com

Direct shot:

tumblr_mgmb80pR5M1s37eu9o1_500.jpg

The S wheels looked too small on the X, but I'm not sure about these either... Tesla design seems to be vaulting over sea creatures.

Headrests appear to be adjustable also.

Has been since the original design. The only thing that seems to have changed with the seats is the material and the fact that the second row seems to now be a bench seat vs this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336196856.879474.jpg

Also, here's the old dash for comparison:

dash and interior.jpg

I plan on attending on Saturday. Ill take lots of photos and post them for all to see. My 16 yo is going with me. I hope he is compelled to trade in his BMW X3 for the Model X after he sees it.

That's great to hear. If you can get pictures of the frunk and rear cargo areas (open, of course), that would be very interesting. Also, if they let you, the middle and rear seats when laid down/flat. Those are the parts of the car that are sufficiently different from the S. Thanks!

Agree with other comments - the interior seems a a bit messy.. And the screen edge extruding from the dash seems more ugly to me as time goes by.

Also, if they let you, the middle and rear seats when laid down/flat. Thanks!

K Hall - thanks a lot!!! That would be great - pictures from the back with the trunk open an the 3rd row of seats flat would be awesome. Trying to picture the dog in there. :) Have fun!

... pictures from the back with the trunk open an the 3rd row of seats flat would be awesome. Trying to picture the dog in there. :) Have fun!

While this isn't from the latest prototype, you can see quite a bit of this during video from the Model X launch event (2/9/2012 @ Space X facility in LA).

Here's a video from the first protoype being introduced on stage:

At about 7:35, you can see how much luggage is taken out with all seats UP. At 8:27, you can see a photo of the rear with two rows of seats lying flat.

Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 4.36.11 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
At about 7:35, you can see how much luggage is taken out with all seats UP. At 8:27, you can see a photo of the rear with two rows of seats lying flat.
Thanks Bonnie, useful as always! I guess I didn't go through the Launch video frame by frame as I did with the better quality outdoor video w Elon. I obsessively paused the launch video when all the folks were getting off the car, but didn't pay attention to the slides.

Oy vey!
protip: When you google for "model x video" at work make sure safe search is on.