Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - 2013 Detroit Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Angry bird!

The "eyes" scream bird, but the color scheme screams pug!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else notice the interior door handles are "missing". At least they are not where they are located on the S. So how do you open the door from the inside? Don't tell me Tesla has gone with interior auto presenting door handles...

tesla-model-x-at-2013-detroit-auto-show_100415431_l.jpg

I'm sorry to say this but it looks like there's virtually no legroom in any of those backseats. If you're not a small kid (or perhaps a stormtrooper to match your outfit, lol), I can't see how sitting in this vehicle would be comfortable unless you were the driver or front passenger.

I'm sorry to say this but it looks like there's virtually no legroom in any of those backseats. If you're not a small kid (or perhaps a stormtrooper to match your outfit, lol), I can't see how sitting in this vehicle would be comfortable unless you were the driver or front passenger.

I think it's an optical illusion that legroom seems tight in this picture, because frame of reference is the door opening. In this picture, the seats all seem tiny. However, they are adult size chairs. It's the non-standard falcon door that throws you off. The falcon door opening almost spans two rows of seats.

image.jpg

I think it's an optical illusion that legroom seems tight in this picture, because frame of reference is the door opening. In this picture, the seats all seem tiny. However, they are adult size chairs. It's the non-standard falcon door that throws you off. The falcon door opening almost spans two rows of seats.

View attachment 14600
Here's a similar picture of a Model S rear seat. Notice the ratio of the seat depth to the foot room. The Model X seems about the same and more vertical seating will help a bit. It's still an issue and since our plan is to use the Model X as a luxury tourer for 2 couples this is a matter of some concern. I'm definitely going to have to see one in person and sit in the back before finalizing.
Model S rear seats.jpg

Here's a similar picture of a Model S rear seat. Notice the ratio of the seat depth to the foot room. The Model X seems about the same and more vertical seating will help a bit. It's still an issue and since our plan is to use the Model X as a luxury tourer for 2 couples this is a matter of some concern. I'm definitely going to have to see one in person and sit in the back before finalizing.
View attachment 14602

Um... Thats not the Model S though?

Not sure about that!! Hahahaha Doesn't like like a cup holder at all to me but there is definatly something there. I hope somebody goes and checks it out and reports back or maybe some reporter will get a good enough look!

Here's other pics that definitely show the cupholder or storage in the door:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2013/01/modelx-2013-01-14-800-5.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2013/01/modelx-2013-01-14-800-10.jpg
(Thanks Engaget photo guy! Were you reading this thread?)

Also, as another poster mentioned, a redesigned interior door handle.