Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - 2013 Detroit Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost an hour in, and nothing significant from their Press Conference yet:

1695571629.png

Great job TM!!! The white exterior and the two tone interior is nice but I notice that the second row of seating has red piping which and the floor mats have a red trim. Does this mean that a Performance version will be available real early?

Also, I would have liked someone to snap a picture of the second row seat controls and the control to open the "Falcon" door from the interior.

P.S. the wheels were really nice.

would be great so see a video of the FWD opening to see how much space they actually need ... On the last video I saw from a prototype it looked as though they would need a fair amount.
I'll bring the family to NAIAS this Saturday and take pics with everyone in the X (it's seven of us) if they do let us all in.
Does anyone know if they will have it roped off or not?

Another thing: the display sticks out of the console... (here: Tesla Model X hands-on) Maybe it could become rotatable ?! Do you think there's enough space/need for something like that?

One of the things I really like about the S is that it's "just" a nice car, it pretty much embodies the ultimate in it's class without getting too exotic, on a basic level it's a practical, albeit souped up, family compatible car. The X could be our second car but it's more exotic than practical, preventing one of the most basic uses of an SUV, putting stuff on top of it. How often do we do that? not as much as we'd like, but wow do we value the capability when we go out for a weekend getaway. being able to put things like skis, surf board, kayaks and/or a cargo carrier on top are basic musts for us. The falcon wings are cool, but they make a huge statement, a bit gratuitous for my tastes and are better suited for a sports car like the roadster IMHO, but that's not as important as the fact that we really don't need a solution to the difficulty of accessing the 3rd row of seats in our current SUV... it's just not that big an inconvenience on the occasion that they get used.

What would make us excited for the X would be the extra headroom, the all wheel drive (for winter mountain driving), a fold down split third row like the S but forward facing and regular old dino-style back doors... basically, if we could have something approximating the Toyota Highlander but EV and X-like, we'd put down a reservation tomorrow!