Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Bigriver I think I wrote this earlier but in case I didn’t or you missed it... I’m experiencing 40kw at 50% SOC on my Model S that does not get supercharged much. FUSC. 2nd owner and 70k miles. That is my fear.

I guess which ever 2017 (mono seats or fold down) with FSD comes along I’ll grab that

Last edited:
I’m experiencing 40kw at 50% SOC on my Model S that does not get supercharged much.
Ouch, yes that would be a problem! My experience, so far, is exactly in line with the owner’s manual:
D716B375-D222-46AD-B5FF-6C0E16603F91.jpeg

one on Tesla.com now
2017 X 75D with FSD, 7 seats, fold down seats (based on render), all options except for Tow.
$58k before fees and shipping
Not too bad... just hate how you can’t see the car in person first

maybe I’ll wait a little for the “refresh” to impact used prices! Ha

I bought a Dec 16 75X build back in February and love the car. My only complaints are MCU 1 (I can upgrade when available) and range. I have been going back and forth over these past 2 months on upgrading to at least a 2018 100 but have been hesitant due to the change in warranty length I currently have 3 years remaining on my warranty, but looks like the 2017s have at least 2 and the 2018s have 3 years. From the majority of the responses, doesn't sound like too many are concerned with the warranty.

I bought a Dec 16 75X build back in February and love the car. My only complaints are MCU 1 (I can upgrade when available) and range. I have been going back and forth over these past 2 months on upgrading to at least a 2018 100 but have been hesitant due to the change in warranty length I currently have 3 years remaining on my warranty, but looks like the 2017s have at least 2 and the 2018s have 3 years. From the majority of the responses, doesn't sound like too many are concerned with the warranty.

I have a 11/16 X 75D and go in for MUC2 next week. It's been available for a bit. Have you done the HW3 upgrade already (it sounds like you bought it used, from Tesla). Mine came with the good warranty and I even saw photos of the entire vehicle before I pulled the trigger. Bought back in July with 25k miles for $57,700

Just dropped $500 large ! Haha. There used to be an easy link to request photos but I don’t see that anymore. Regardless asked to be contacted so I could at least see photos

I would be more inclined to jump on it if it was in the NE tri state and forgo having it shipped

Last edited:
I have a 11/16 X 75D and go in for MUC2 next week. It's been available for a bit. Have you done the HW3 upgrade already (it sounds like you bought it used, from Tesla). Mine came with the good warranty and I even saw photos of the entire vehicle before I pulled the trigger. Bought back in July with 25k miles for $57,700

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal as I paid slightly more with more mileage. Anyways, how were you able to get the mcu upgrade? Its not showing up in my app and when I asked the SC 2 here in phoenix a months ago, they said backorder was a few months out.

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal as I paid slightly more with more mileage. Anyways, how were you able to get the mcu upgrade? Its not showing up in my app and when I asked the SC 2 here in phoenix a months ago, they said backorder was a few months out.

just select infotainment issue, they will contact you and you can state you'd like the MCU2 upgrade. (at least that's how I did it)

41k miles
2017 Model X | Tesla
I wasn’t aware they got rid of the 4 year warranty. Boo
I’ll keep my eye on this one. Sometimes the prices change day to day.
Personally I would skip that deal. A month ago I grabbed a 2017 X 100D, white/white, 6 seater, FSD, 38k miles, for $65k. I was planning on waiting on the refresh to see if prices would drop, but it made a good Christmas present.

My MCU upgrade is scheduled for next week! I did the HW3 about 2 weeks after I got it. I did as mentioned after my post. Just made a service request in the App to upgrade to MCU2.