Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (2019) recall for main body harness issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

New registered member here (been lurking for a long time)!

Just got a proactive service appointment scheduled on my 2019 Model X 100D from the Vancouver service centre. As I didn't schedule anything, I reached out to the service centre by email and they confirmed the following:

We did book you in to address a mandatory bulletin that has been issued to your vehicle with regards to the main body harness. This harness needs to be rerouted to prevent premature wear on the components. If this date and time does not work for you, you may modify the appointment from your Mobile App. The repairs may take several hours so we will be providing you with a loaner vehicle for the duration of the service.
Just FYI in case anyone else gets a similar recall notice. I wasn't able to find anything about this either on these forums or on the web/news.

• Love
Reactions: Rossy
Mine was repaired yesterday. Seattle area. "Reroute Main Front Body Harness" they said the wiring was located too close to some other (structural?) component, which could wear through the insulation.
IMG_20200615_105517.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Rossy
Hi guys,

Just got a proactive service appointment scheduled on my 2019 Model X 100D from the Vancouver service centre. As I didn't schedule anything, I reached out to the service centre by email and they confirmed the following:

We did book you in to address a mandatory bulletin that has been issued to your vehicle with regards to the main body harness. This harness needs to be rerouted to prevent premature wear on the components. If this date and time does not work for you, you may modify the appointment from your Mobile App. The repairs may take several hours so we will be providing you with a loaner vehicle for the duration of the service.
Just FYI in case anyone else gets a similar recall notice. I wasn't able to find anything about this either on these forums or on the web/news.

Mine is going in for same thing in Atlanta, 2018 X, I got the notice a while ago but guy said its not a issue, probably until it is a issue LOL

Tesla did add this at my 2yr service interval this last week. They said After the repair that they were getting wiper motor faults. Ordered wiper motor, then after replacing that they said it needed a passenger wiper arm (stripped). I had no issues prior to the service visit with the wipers...
Hi guys,