Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2022 Refresh model windshield tinted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Does anybody here have the model X windshield tinted or recommend or not! The car is fully tinted except the windshield. I live in Florida where the sun always out. Should I get my front windshield tinted? Do you recommend it or not? If you had it done. are you happy with it, does it worth the money?

Thanks for you feedback.

On another note - has anyone looked at these? We had this wrap on our M3 wheel and just ordered for our MX yoke. Awesome with the white interior!! Still looks new after 4 yrs. Company is called TWRAPS. They have the markings for the turn signals, horn etc.

Attachments

• 8C5A8E99-DA76-4D54-AD75-4E7065725675.jpeg
    8C5A8E99-DA76-4D54-AD75-4E7065725675.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 397
Upvote 0
Tomorrow is the big delivery day! Pick up at 11:00. 3 days shy of our order-versary. Already paid in the Tesla app. They said to allow 15 minutes to give them our M3 trade and pick up our model X. I’m sure we’ll take a lot longer to look at the car over. I am hoping that ours will be perfect as has been the case with some on here. Unless there is something major, we will likely accept delivery and set an appointment to fix whatever we find. It’s finally here! Probably won’t sleep much tonight. I feel like a kid going to Disneyland tomorrow 😂
MX LR Red/White 20’s. FSD
Ordered June 27 2021
I’ll post pics after ceramic and tint next week!
Mine was orderversary +4 days. Next week it goes in to the wrap shop and comes out Bright Yellow

Reactions: FDEWEESE
Upvote 0
Mine was orderversary +4 days. Next week it goes in to the wrap shop and comes out Bright Yellow
Are you tinting front windshield? I’m leaning in the direction of 50% on the front. Is that too dark? Since I’m picking up in Cincy and have to get my out of state inspection, the tint shop said do the inspection first so I don’t fail. Think’n 20% side windows.

Upvote 0
Are you tinting front windshield? I’m leaning in the direction of 50% on the front. Is that too dark? Since I’m picking up in Cincy and have to get my out of state inspection, the tint shop said do the inspection first so I don’t fail. Think’n 20% side windows.
No. Tinting the windshield is illegal in my state, my shop will not do it (I am not really interested anyway, due to possible complications of flare and distortion). Only the front side windows to 20%. The rear and top windows are already tinted.

Reactions: FDEWEESE
Upvote 0
Here is my new plaid with full frontal ppf and windshield 50 percent and sides 20. New Jersey shop did a great job. Terrible photo glare now but I drove it last night for the first time and I had no visibility issues View attachment 815405

Looks gorgeous! I am in the SE PA area... would you please tell me which shop in NJ did your car?
I pick up my second X on 8/6, but will be getting the windshield done for the first time and I definitely want to take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hi,
Does anybody here have the model X windshield tinted or recommend or not! The car is fully tinted except the windshield. I live in Florida where the sun always out. Should I get my front windshield tinted? Do you recommend it or not? If you had it done. are you happy with it, does it worth the money?

Thanks for you feedback.
I bought a shade from RPM. Eight pieces for $90 I think. Windshield is much cooler back window is blacked out and the door windows are blacked out as well. I miss the back window But the side mirrors are ok for seeing what is behind me.

Upvote 0
Here is my new plaid with full frontal ppf and windshield 50 percent and sides 20. New Jersey shop did a great job. Terrible photo glare now but I drove it last night for the first time and I had no visibility issues View attachment 815405
You mind providing the name of the shop in NJ that did your windshield tint. I’ve been to a few and they said they couldn’t do the windshield because it was too difficult of a shape.

Upvote 0