Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a vibration on the yolk on speed over 75 mph
I have taken my Brand new model X 2022 5 times to the dealer, 4 out of 5 times to Tesla Paramus NJ and after 4 times they completely ignore me because they couldn't solve the problem, they told me they can't take the car over the street speed limit, so they cannot feel anything when they go on the street speed limit, so they say car is good . I went for a road test 4 times, I showed them the vibration, they all saw it and no solution, no answers at all other than Balance, oh and they gave me new tires on the 4th time that I took it for service but the problem still there.
Now I am took the car to another Tesla dealer (Springfield NJ) and I gave them all the history from the car, I asked them to please not balance the car , it is not that. That the tires were balanced 4 times already, and guess what they have done in 7 days that the car has been in there with them?, yes Balanced the car again and that's it.
So I spoke with the manager in charge of my case and he told me THE CAR IS NOT THE PROBLEM, So basically he said that I am the problem!
Please, I need people that have had this problem before, if you had the same problem please let me know, share your experiences with me.
I am wondering how many people are going through the same situation with their cars and with Tesla. How many of you are getting similar answers from Tesla since it is a huge company and they don't seem to care or do anything to fix this.

Sorry as that sounds extremely frustrating. Based on what you are saying it sure doesn't sound like the tires or the rims. Only other way I could think of proving the tires was to find someone with a Model X nearby and pay to have the tires swapped, do the test, and then swap the tires back.

Bizzare that they all saw it and assume documented their observation.

Lemon law in NJ? Sometimes that will prod a company.

Four test with a GoPro pointed at the suspension to look for something driving at 75+. Not sure if that is a dumb thought as the road vibration may make the video unusable. I was just thinking of half-shaft or something else seeing wobble in 1 of the 4 test.

Sometimes the vibration in the steering wheel comes due to wheels not being properly balanced. Sometimes the balancing weights in the wheel fall off from the wheel which results in the vibration at higher speeds. A tire balance check may solve the issue. At least this is what i experienced earlier in my Mercedes.

Last edited:
Hi @curra2881 ,

I have seen on these forums other cars mentioned for similar problems.
After several failed attempts at balancing the tires -
The solution(s) in their cases were damaged or defective wheels...
Wheels incapable of being balanced were replaced and the situation was resolved.

Sorry I cannot point to the specific thread(s) but it might open the possibility of testing
your car with another tire and rim set...
Where to get the extra set is up to you and your Service Center...

Good luck,

Shawn

Sorry as that sounds extremely frustrating. Based on what you are saying it sure doesn't sound like the tires or the rims. Only other way I could think of proving the tires was to find someone with a Model X nearby and pay to have the tires swapped, do the test, and then swap the tires back.

Bizzare that they all saw it and assume documented their observation.

Lemon law in NJ? Sometimes that will prod a company.

Four test with a GoPro pointed at the suspension to look for something driving at 75+. Not sure if that is a dumb thought as the road vibration may make the video unusable. I was just thinking of half-shaft or something else seeing wobble in 1 of the 4 test.
i spoke with a lawyer and he told me Tesla is a big company and they have great lawyers, and they haven't change any parts on my car in order to sue them. they only have changed the tires and that is not a enough to sue them, it can't be a wearable part

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
i spoke with a lawyer and he told me Tesla is a big company and they have great lawyers, and they haven't change any parts on my car in order to sue them. they only have changed the tires and that is not a enough to sue them, it can't be a wearable part
I would have guessed it was something that was 'repaired' X number of times.
Perhaps this is useful:
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Lemon Law
Your Road to Relief
N.J. Division of Consumer Affairs • LEMON LAW UNIT • 9 7 3 - 5 0 4 - 6 2 2 6
Your Road to Relief - The New Jersey Lemon Law Unit
The New Jersey Lemon Law Unit was formed in 1989 to provide quick relief for consumers who purchase
or lease a defective motor vehicle. This guidebook is divided into 2 sections: the New Car Lemon Law
and the Used Car Lemon Law. Qualifications for the two laws are different so please read the information
carefully and contact the Lemon Law Unit at 973-504-6226 with any questions you may have. Staff members
are ready to assist you.
If your Lemon Law application is accepted, your case will be heard before an administrative law judge (A.L.J.) in
the Office of Administrative Law (O.A.L.) at one of three locations: Newark, Trenton or Atlantic City. The Lemon
Law Unit offers information and application processing only. The Unit does not hear cases or represent you at
O.A.L. hearings, which are conducted in a quasi-judicial setting.
Why Choose the Lemon Law Unit
● It’s Much Quicker! - The Lemon Law process has special deadlines it must meet in order to
ensure quicker handling of your case. Going to Superior Court could take considerably longer.
● An Attorney is Not Required - You may choose to have an attorney represent you but it is not
required. If you win your case, the manufacturer must pay for any reasonable attorney’s fees (New
Car Lemon Law cases only).
● Cases are Scheduled at Your Convenience - Cases are scheduled at a date, time and location
that is most convenient for you: Newark, Trenton or Atlantic City.
● The Fee is Only $50 - There is a $50 filing fee which is refunded to you if you win your case.
(The fee is for New Car Lemon Law cases only)
● Lemon Law Staff are Ready to Assist You - While the Unit does not provide legal
representation, staff are available by phone or email
to answer your questions quickly.
Here is What To Expect on Your Road
to Relief
● Your Lemon Law application gets reviewed by a Lemon
Law staff member for completeness and to determine
whether it meets all of the qualifications for a Lemon
Law hearing.
● The application is approved, rejected or sent back
to you for edits.
● Once the application is approved, a $50 filing fee
is requested. (The fee is for New Car Lemon Law
cases only).

l had the same exact problem when I replaced 2 tires from a reputable tire store. The car would vibrate over 60-70mph. Went back to re-balance- no effect. Went to another tire store to balance the tires again and still no change. Extremely frustrating. A few months later for some reason I took it in get a wheel alignment and the shop stated they would not align it unless I changed the other 2 tires. I told them the tires had a fair amount of thread on them and I thought they were just trying to make some an extra sale. When I went to the shop they showed me the tires. The very inner thread line was done to the steel belt. It would have been very difficult to see this unless I got under the car and specially looked there. The outside thread was fairly normal. After alignment and changing these 2 tires everything was fine.

Assuming wheels and tires are balanced, it could be:

1) alignment issue: At higher speed, the toe-in changes due to forces applied.

2) The rotating shaft & disk set are usually checked for balance at factory... but perhaps one is out of whack.

3) if wheel is slightly bent, it will still be balanced on machine, but will wobble on the road.

These are just alternative ideas for your consideration.

Coincidently I discovered the same problem on my 2022 X as well with 1500 miles. I did have an unrepairable flat which SC replaced the tire, so I am bringing it back for them to diagnose. Please keep us posted if you ever find a solution to yours.
i can't explain how frustrated i am with the company, i thought Tesla actually was going to take care of his clients. i went last time to the dealer and the mechanic there actually look like he wanted to help me but i am sure Tesla told him no to do anything since this would have taken too much time out of his people. they completely blame on me , the way i drive the car, that i drive the car to hard and i lunch the car several times and thats what is costing the vibration, such a BS

Got a plaid last week and pick up was 2hrs away. On the drive home at 75~80mph, felt a slight vibration in the steering wheel and could see the front passenger seat vibrate. Scheduled a service visit and took a technician on a drive and while he couldn’t feel it sitting in the passenger side, I had him touch the steering wheel to feel the vibration. They ended up trying to balance the tires but 2 rear failed. They ended up replacing both rears and front passenger tire - vibration is now gone. They chalked it up to bad batch of tires given 3 out of the 4 were replaced.