Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 22" Turbine Wheel Onyx Black Scratched

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
I was hoping to gain some advice on how to proceed on the replacement of a scratched rim.
Our vehicle is leased.
How did you go about replacing the rim? Did you purchase the rim and then have the service center replace it? Did you purchase the rim from the service center?
I read that if the repair work isn't done by a service center the warranty is voided. Is this correct?

Any suggestions or advice is welcome!

Post a pic ..u can do rim repair for ~$175 ..or just leave and return lease that way typically Tesla don’t ding u ...no need to replace rim unless u seriously bent it

Thank You! I really messed up yesterday - trying to avoid one thing and damaged my rim.

Attachments

• rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 479
That’s rim repair only less than $200 ..no need to replace ..or if your not concerned with looks fix before turn in lease ...honestly a lot of lease returns I have seen owners don’t even fix ;)

Being unable to find a matching touch up paint from Tesla I found a black Marks-A-Lot marking pen works wonders. These rims are very susceptible to scratching whenever you get close to a curb. I now carry a marker in my glove box and after washing the car I usually do a little touch up on any scuff marks. Works like a charm.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA