TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X 22" Turbine Wheel Onyx Black Scratched

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by jshan, Aug 9, 2018.

1. jshan

jshan Member

Hello
    I was hoping to gain some advice on how to proceed on the replacement of a scratched rim.
    Our vehicle is leased.
    How did you go about replacing the rim? Did you purchase the rim and then have the service center replace it? Did you purchase the rim from the service center?
    I read that if the repair work isn't done by a service center the warranty is voided. Is this correct?

Any suggestions or advice is welcome!

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Post a pic ..u can do rim repair for ~$175 ..or just leave and return lease that way typically Tesla don’t ding u ...no need to replace rim unless u seriously bent it

3. jshan

jshan Member

Thank You! I really messed up yesterday - trying to avoid one thing and damaged my rim.

Attached Files:

• rim.jpg
      rim.jpg
      File size:
      106.4 KB
      Views:
  4. jshan

jshan Member

I posted a photo below. Thank You

5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

That’s rim repair only less than $200 ..no need to replace ..or if your not concerned with looks fix before turn in lease ...honestly a lot of lease returns I have seen owners don’t even fix ;)

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Also third party rim repair doesn’t good warranty ...I know because I did on my S ;)

7. jshan

jshan Member

thanks

8. Kurt'sX

Kurt'sX Member

Being unable to find a matching touch up paint from Tesla I found a black Marks-A-Lot marking pen works wonders. These rims are very susceptible to scratching whenever you get close to a curb. I now carry a marker in my glove box and after washing the car I usually do a little touch up on any scuff marks. Works like a charm.

• Informative x 1