TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X 22" Turbine Wheels for Sale

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by gmtom1, Sep 14, 2017.

1. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this post is against the forum rules, but I won a set of 22" turbine wheels & tires for my Model X from the referral program in either silver or black. Although I do like the look of the wheels, I'm not really excited about the sacrifice in ride quality that will go with them.

I'm just wondering if there's any interest out there in the Hawaii club membership in purchasing my wheels from me, since they'll be coming to our SC here. The retail price at Tesla for the wheel & tire set is $6800, so I'll take any reasonable offer below that.

If this post is against the rules, my apologies and please delete.
    Thanks!

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Nice! I need one more referral to win those too :) Maybe post on general Tesla For Sale forum too? Someone might pay for shipping and hopefully they'll already be boxed.

3. ztaylor

ztaylor Member

My third level reward says 21” Arachnid Wheels for the S, were you able to change yours for the 22" wheels for the X

4. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Yes, mine said that too, but the email I got today from Tesla said I'm getting the Turbine wheels. I didn't do anything to request it. I guess since they know I only have an X, and the arachnids don't fit, I get the turbines. At least I have a choice of colors.

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

gmtom1, its not against the forum rules. nanimac is spot on. Go to the For Sale section and post them there too. I'd recommend adding Hawaii to the title to save someone some time. Might draw local attention to them too. Are you coming to the NDEW event this Sunday? Bring a picture of the wheels. Someone might like to see what they look like.

6. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

IMG_2703.JPG Here's a pic of a friend's X with the black turbines.

7. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Unfortunately, I cannot make it to drive electric. I've already posted in the sale forum and had some interest. I've also asked Tesla if there's a expiration date when I need to redeem the offer by.

8. 1.21Gigawatts

1.21Gigawatts Member

Interested if the price is right :)