Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2nd row now folds FLAT! (July 1st 2017 update)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 6-seater config remains the same. Basically the 7-seater gets the second row from the 5-seater.

Note on Tesla's Model X page showing all the different loading possibilities (views from the rear of the open trunk), the one config they don't show is all 3 seats 2nd row up. IMO the 7 seater in this config basically makes the rear two seats useless for anyone with legs, and that's why they didn't show this. The 2nd row seats basically make a big wall uncomfortably boxing in the 3rd row passengers.

Six seater FTW!

The 6-seater config remains the same. Basically the 7-seater gets the second row from the 5-seater.

Note on Tesla's Model X page showing all the different loading possibilities (views from the rear of the open trunk), the one config they don't show is all 3 seats 2nd row up. IMO the 7 seater in this config basically makes the rear two seats useless for anyone with legs, and that's why they didn't show this. The 2nd row seats basically make a big wall uncomfortably boxing in the 3rd row passengers.

Six seater FTW!
Text desc on the site match what you posted.
Xw5sZxs.jpg

That 7 seater may now just be a cramped interior. Unless you have a large SUV, these 3rd row seats are pretty useless and even more inconvenient if you want to throw kids back there. Plus, now you lose the extra storage underneath the seats akin to an airplane seat. Will have to see it in person.

Having the center console the same price as a 6 seater seems odd though.

Holy crap. Now it's back to the car in the original reveal of the Model X.

So now we're back to this:

Not really, though.

The original had folding electric monopost individual seating second row.

This one has a manual bench as a second row. No more sculptural beauty seats.

I guess there is the question if the seven seater can still move the bench forward and aft electrically or manually?

Reactions: Kacey Green

Six seater FTW!
Funny, when the 7 seats came out people were complaining second row not folding. Now the second row folds people are concerned about the access to the 3rd row.

Funny, when the 7 seats came out people were complaining second row not folding. Now the second row folds people are concerned about the access to the 3rd row.

What's funny about that?

Had Tesla released the folding monoposts originally shown we'd know their abilities, but a manual bench as second row is rather different. Tesla originally made a big deal how monoposts solved the third row access... Seems like a very legit question to me.

I'm guessing it moves on the floor level...

All this said, I guess we can abandon all hope of folding monoposts now.

Not really, though.

The original had folding electric monopost individual seating second row.

This one has a manual bench as a second row. No more sculptural beauty seats.

I guess there is the question if the seven seater can still move the bench forward and aft electrically or manually?
According to other posts it slides forward. So it is just like the prototype. And we don't know how those seats are attached. It might be different than old 5 seater.