Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 3.0 HW for FSD $2k - do we have it in writing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m ready to take the $2k FSD upgrade plunge, but especially with all of the evolving changes and lots of opinions - have we seen anything in writing from Tesla that the $2k FSD upgrade does include the new hardware (ie from AP 2.5 to AP 3.0)? I just want to be 100% certain before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance for your insight.

I’m ready to take the $2k FSD upgrade plunge, but especially with all of the evolving changes and lots of opinions - have we seen anything in writing from Tesla that the $2k FSD upgrade does include the new hardware (ie from AP 2.5 to AP 3.0)? I just want to be 100% certain before pulling the trigger. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Only tweets like today's AFAIK:

SK5ZFcB.jpg

You cannot be 100% certain of anything with Tesla.

Unless the feature exists in the real world at the time of purchase, you are guaranteed nothing.

Thanks for showing me Elon confirmed it via his Tweet. However, he also confirmed that MCU1 can upgrade by MCU2 via tweet almost a year ago and per my conversation with the dealership today, there is still no upgrade path.

As much as a defender and advocate I’ve been for Tesla since getting my vehicle, unfortunately, the tide is turning....which I hate!!

Thanks all - appreciate it. I'm going to move forward.

@commasign I searched for the MCU1-->MCU2 upgrade thread, but couldn't locate it. Can you point me in the right direction? Interested to read about the experience. Thanks!

The thread doesn't exist, it has only been down 1x that I'm aware of and not by Tesla. There's a Elon said we can get retrofits thread, but like a lot things, nobody has gotten a retrofit yet from Tesla.

Reactions: commasign