Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 300KM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we went just a little off topic.

Interesting to see about the Model X how the discussion goes - for or against cameras in lieu of mirrors. I imagine Tesla Motors actually have to make both versions, for different markets and different preferences.

Hong Kong TD for sure will not allow these modern mirrors until the sun rises twice in a day.

I wonder what that would do to the range of the Model X - just the mirror/camera option, how much of a range difference? In the video posted above, Elon Musk mentions a 5% increased range at highway speeds.

In Hong Kong it won't matter too much anyway, except for customers who plan to drive deep into China, have an extensive daily need for driving, or have very limited access to charging.

In that Elon Model X launch video I posted, he did say he can make the side mirrors removable, then owners can have both the cameras and side mirrors.

In that Elon Model X launch video I posted, he did say he can make the side mirrors removable, then owners can have both the cameras and side mirrors.

Both at the same time would be interesting. Imagine if it was up to the driver/owner to remove them or not, so depending on what country or state you drive your car in, you can modify your car.

Or - depending on how brave you are, towards the law, remove the mirrors before you go on an extended trip.

If they could build in some kind of night vision, blind angle detection and maybe some kind of warning system, those mirrors could even prove to be safer than regular mirrors.

Some times it takes a show-and-tell by someone, rather than theory and proposed legislation, to make a change.

Last edited: