TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X 5 Seat Deliveries

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by beths11, Oct 30, 2016.

1. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

No one has created a November deliveries thread, but this is not that thread. I want to follow the first (and following) five seat deliveries. I believe there are several with VIN and Nov/Dec delivery dates. I look forward to sharing your long awaited arrivals (as I continue to wait for mine).

• Like x 1
  2. hareleyman

hareleyman Member

Have been told mine will be delivered in Vancouver middle of December 2016. I have a VIN # ! Still some unanswered ?? about the seat design yet.

• Like x 2
  3. dandingo

dandingo Member

Same. Early January 5-seat order with a VIN and supposed December delivery. However, also still a lot of unanswered questions about seating and cargo configuration.

• Like x 1
  4. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

I see it's your first post. Welcome to the forum.

5. johnzhang22

johnzhang22 Member

Do you think the 5 seat configuration will have folding seats? That would be awesome!

6. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

7. Kam262951

Kam262951 Member

mine 5 seat delivery conf. on 20th dec or about
    p90d x

• Like x 1
  8. ERROLito

ERROLito New Member

Go to custom order and shows 5 seat bench fold flat with no delivery wait

9. outie

outie Active Member

Yep the folding seats are here!

[​IMG]

• Love x 2
  10. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Where is that picture from? (When I go to custom order one it doesn't show that.)

11. outie

outie Active Member

It was on top of the Interior layout section just few minutes ago. Gone now.

But you can still kind of see it (without animation) on the interior picture on the very top.

12. cookielovers

cookielovers Member

Is it me, am I missing something as from the pictures the backs of the seats fold flat but they still stit high so the boot floor isn't one continuous length. Wish tesla would post a video so we can see exactly how these are. From what I can see they are still attached to the pedistle!!!

13. timf

timf Member

I think there will be a fully flat load floor. The renderings in the Design Studio are clearly a fast chop job, as they show the third row HVAC vents that shouldn't be included in the 5 seat configuration. If you look at the picture currently in the Design Studio, it looks different than the one posted above, and they have in fact hastily added in a flat looking floor.

14. outie

outie Active Member

They added a board to make it flat now in the design studio.

15. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

I am not sure what you are saying? In the design studio the seat level of the second row is the same as the first row, just the back is folding down. Even if the seat base remains the same height the folding back does provide the possibility for getting a bike and other large items in the car.

16. outie

outie Active Member

They added the board that runs across the "gap". So you can store something on the lower level and something like a bike / dog on the upper level. This new image is different than the earlier photo they posted.

[​IMG]

17. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Thanks, it must be my lousy computer display as I have a hard time seeing it. I've seen enough comments about it that I can imagine it on the picture. Would be totally cool if the board had rear supports to make it level and would support 300lbs.

18. hareleyman

hareleyman Member

Thank you!
    Have been reading the posts ever since I placed my order (August 26), watching and wondering about the 5 seat config, all the time thinking that maybe I should have ordered the 6 seat, but now that I know that it IS coming, with fold down seats...think I will be fine!

• Like x 2
  19. sunnyvale

sunnyvale Member

I will have mine on February 1. :)

5 seat FTW!!!

• Like x 1