Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding security in the rear cargo area, I inadvertently discovered a solution that was applied to my 6-seater, but will definitely add to my incoming 5-seater.

As having XPEL stealth wrap as a complete paint protection, I did some mixing of gloss vs matte finish on non-painted areas. Included in the pre-cut panels included the rear side windows and the adjacent plastic areas. Having the matte wrap over the glass really obscures visualization into the rear cargo area.

Matte Windows Outside.jpg

As far as the cargo door glass, obviously this needs to be clear, but even a legal tint reduces visualization into a dark interior. or a simple dark blanket helps as well.

Every SUV I have owned that came with a pull-out cargo cover ended up with that item being removed and sitting in the garage, since it impacts cargo space, but wouldn't it be cool if the rear cargo glass could be electronically obscured upon locking the vehicle.

Well, there are more important issues, like improving the 5-seater A/C airflow to the 2nd row, making EAP better, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Rossy
Every SUV I have owned that came with a pull-out cargo cover ended up with that item being removed and sitting in the garage, since it impacts cargo space, but wouldn't it be cool if the rear cargo glass could be electronically obscured upon locking the vehicle.

I made a very similar comment to my DS upon delivery.....upon locking, all the glass should become opague like those bathroom glass doors in NYC hipster bars in SoHo.

• Love
Reactions: Rossy and essmd
Regarding security in the rear cargo area, I inadvertently discovered a solution that was applied to my 6-seater, but will definitely add to my incoming 5-seater.

As having XPEL stealth wrap as a complete paint protection, I did some mixing of gloss vs matte finish on non-painted areas. Included in the pre-cut panels included the rear side windows and the adjacent plastic areas. Having the matte wrap over the glass really obscures visualization into the rear cargo area.

View attachment 224962

As far as the cargo door glass, obviously this needs to be clear, but even a legal tint reduces visualization into a dark interior. or a simple dark blanket helps as well.

Well, there are more important issues, like improving the 5-seater A/C airflow to the 2nd row, making EAP better, etc.
I had the same thought for the upper portion of the windshield, although I'm not sure whether you can apply that technology to only a portion of the piece of glass. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this obscuring by applying electrical current already being used on some car(s)? Too bad Tesla doesn't care about blazing the trail on anything but the power train and the drive assist.

Reactions: essmd
I just got mine on Thursday (just haven't had a chance to post anything about them yet). Mine do have the leather straps to lift the floor panels. I don't like it on the larger panel since it really does stick up and doesn't allow things to be totally flat, particularly under the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats that I bought, but otherwise I'm glad to finally have them.

• Love
I just got mine on Thursday (just haven't had a chance to post anything about them yet). Mine do have the leather straps to lift the floor panels. I don't like it on the larger panel since it really does stick up and doesn't allow things to be totally flat, particularly under the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats that I bought, but otherwise I'm glad to finally have them.
I noticed that you can just put the loop under the smaller panel and then the mat lies flat.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
FWIW, my 5 seat MX was delivered Monday, and the rear foot well cover has the plastic handle rather than the leather loop. Only the middle platform has the leather loop.

20170618_071808.jpg
I received mine last week with the double straps.
Admittedly the leather strap on the rear board can get in the way of the latching mechanism, but doesn't stop the door from closing.

20170618_152001-1079x886.jpg

However, it is kind of in the way, so I started to fold it in when not needed.
20170618_151418-1079x1079.jpg

Not sure if the plastic is as durable, but it is a cleaner look so perhaps that may be the new standard.

If not, then you may have gotten some older inventory.

FWIW, my 5 seat MX was delivered Monday, and the rear foot well cover has the plastic handle rather than the leather loop. Only the middle platform has the leather loop.

20170618_071808.jpg

Thank you for the info, yes that rear panel is the same one that has been shipping in the 6/7 seaters.

I am not sure the handle is plastic, though. It feels quite sturdy and metallic to my touch? It is a nice handle IMO...

You can also see how the newer front panel and older rear panel are not color matched properly. The new panel is darker.

We took delivery 31 Dec 2016 of our model x 75d 5-seater. We have yet to get our floor panels-are they standard? I have been reading about them... We just have the two levels and a gap under the second row seats. Our Service Adviser at Tysons does not even acknowledge that such a part exists. Our dachshund fell into the well below the rear seat and we had a hard time getting him out. Any help on what to do would be appreciated.

• Love
@Seagram Check out this other thread: 5 seaters, how is your load floor supported behind the 2nd row? There you will see what a number of us have. My service center didn't know what was going on for a while, but by now your service center should definitely know. Bring a printout of that other thread with you and suggest that your service center get on the phone. Definitely talk to the service manager at this point.

Reactions: boaterva
Shortly after my post at the end of May, I emailed my service advisers. I got a call the next day wanting to schedule a ranger to come and install the panels! He came and it took about a half hour. He didn't really want to deal with the extra panel over the rear well so he left me both - the one with the loop that matches the large panel color and the one that came with the car with the flush handle. So I have my choice. They came out good and strong. I can now sleep in back if I go to a dog-sport weekend meet! And plenty of storage underneath. Thanks everybody! I'm moving on now...

Thanks for the pics! Our 5 seat Model X is almost ready for production.

Is there any support along the center of the platforms? We intend to haul fairly heavy loads in our X periodically, and we are concerned about flexing and damaging the platforms.

How strong are they?
You probably already got an answer but we fully, and I mean to the maximum weight, loaded our 5 seater to travel home to Oregon from So Cal in April. Handled the load just fine.

• Informative
Reactions: DaddyP713
twotes.JPG
The first 5 seat Model X (90D) I ordered took two years to be delivered, and came without rear flooring panels. Those woes were daily chronicled on this forum. Nevertheless, it has been a wonderful car.

So how pitiful am I? I ordered another Model X (100D) last Thursday, June 29. It arrived Friday afternoon, June 30, less than 24 hours after being ordered, and came fully equipped with the correct flooring panels, delivered at the fancy new Tesla Delivery Center in Fremont, CA, not at the older Delivery Center at the Tesla manufacturing factory in Fremont. The factory is stuffed to the max with Model 3 production lines.

So now we've got two: both pearl white multicoat with tan leather. A foolish consistency? Sure. But Tesla stock paid for both of them. The days of gasoline powered cars and those groaning, reeking reciprocating piston engines are over.

Congratulations!!! Another 5 seat model?

Absolutely another five seat Model X. In fact, the cars are identical except for the battery pack. I still can't figure out why anyone wants six or seven seats stuffed into a Model X. As you discovered, the ability of those rear cargo floor panels to carry a heavy weight is exceptional. We went back and forth to Squaw Valley with 5 people, 5 big suitcases, boots, boards, skiis, knapsacks, and coolers of food all winter. The Model X never noticed the weight, Superchargers were everywhere, the hotels all had Tesla chargers, and battery power loss overnight and parked outside was insignificant.

I used the new 100D battery pack as a transparent and phony excuse to help justify the sale of a perfectly fine Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 30K miles on it to get another Tesla. The Jeep sold on Wednesday, I ordered the Tesla on Thursday, and drove it off on Friday. The instant gratification was the perfect antidote for those long, slow months of waiting for 5 seats and then waiting for the rear flooring panels blues.

• Love
Reactions: Rossy and beths11