Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I´m still awaiting delivery of my car so I don´t really know. Should be around end of november. I´ve only seen pictures of it and when I went to the Tesla Store they didn´t have the 5 seater to show. ...

Multi,
What you thought was a question is really a RED LINK to photographs of the load floor support.

Tesla load floor support.jpeg

So, I figured if a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video aught to be worth about $1.50. Plus the words I speak.

Hopefully this video helps and makes sense. Holler if you have any questions.

FYI: If someone did decide to mount a support piece on the bottom, rather than at the front, you probably would want it the whole width of the bottom cavity so that it won't slide laterally (side-to-side).

Hi folks! First off, DaddyP713 - thanks allot for taking the time to make the video! I know you’ve been busy, so lots of cudos!!

Second, I think you gave me an idea of how I can make your pathent work and also be able to to slide in some skis in there.

I will update when I have the car in some weeks.

Busy times here in Norway with winter coming so I haven’t had time to read here lately.

Stay safe!

Reactions: DaddyP713
Been a while since the last post here, I guess you're all happy with the 5 seater. I'am about to order a 5 seater, but I do have one question.

The headrest of the middle seat in the second row seems rather small, which is better for visibility I suppose, but if a 5ft8-6ft adult would sit there, I guess there wouldn't be much protection for the head and neck ( whiplash ).

Is there enough support for the head/neck? A picture of anyone sitting there would even be better.

Thanks!

Been a while since the last post here, I guess you're all happy with the 5 seater. I'am about to order a 5 seater, but I do have one question.

The headrest of the middle seat in the second row seems rather small, which is better for visibility I suppose, but if a 5ft8-6ft adult would sit there, I guess there wouldn't be much protection for the head and neck ( whiplash ).

Is there enough support for the head/neck? A picture of anyone sitting there would even be better.

Thanks!
I'm 6' 2" and confirm the middle back seat is gonna whiplash fully, no need for even a picture.
You'd better go to Tesla store and with yer 5' 8" candidate to check in close detail.

Sorry for the bad news

I'm 6' 2" and confirm the middle back seat is gonna whiplash fully, no need for even a picture.
You'd better go to Tesla store and with yer 5' 8" candidate to check in close detail.

Sorry for the bad news

My dealer only seems to have 6 seaters. I imagine with 6' 2" it wouldn't offer any protection. If only Tesla could have made a foldable headrest.. Any 5 foot 8 people? :)

My dealer only seems to have 6 seaters. I imagine with 6' 2" it wouldn't offer any protection. If only Tesla could have made a foldable headrest.. Any 5 foot 8 people? :)

Ours is a 5-seater and we will get it on Dec 18. I am 5'9" so I could check it out. You do realize that some people have longer legs and some have longer torso, so even if they are at the same height, some will have their heads higher or lower while sitting down.

Reactions: MP3Mike

Thanks!
You would have to have four other people in the car, all of whom are over 6', before a person over 6' would sit in the middle seat. Perhaps you haul a basketball team?

Thanks!
With the Falcon Wing Door motors and hinges over that middle seat, head room over that position is very limited. I think even a 5'8" person would be uncomfortable there, so the height of the headrest may be irrelevant. I think only a child would be comfortable there. And like you stated, the hit on visibility from a full headrest would be much worse.

With the Falcon Wing Door motors and hinges over that middle seat, head room over that position is very limited. I think even a 5'8" person would be uncomfortable there, so the height of the headrest may be irrelevant. I think only a child would be comfortable there. And like you stated, the hit on visibility from a full headrest would be much worse.

I am 6 feet, and there is at least two full inches (maybe 3) between the top of my head and the ceiling in the center position my 5P. The center headrest is about right, and there is nothing hanging down to support the FWD. This with the seat in full upright (not reclined). Three adults can easily sit in the row (and I admit, I am fairly wide).

I actually just sat in a 7 seater, and the middle row bench height is noticeable higher than my 5 seater - I'm guessing 1 inch higher or close to that since I noticed it immediately. In the 5 seater, the entire middle row is quite useable. In the 7 seater, the centre seat might be a little uncomfortable for taller people.

• Informative
Reactions: Amp Dup
Got a 5 seater midnight silver white interior 100D, all the goodies on Nov 28th love it. Got over $2k discount, it was a test drive vehicle built in August 2018, took her in for svc and it's perfect. Got a chip in the windshield easily fixed in one week. It's our 2nd model X so I can testify it's as good as my first that had almost no miles. Must have been in an auto show because the car came with nice tint. Gray wheels it looks sinister. Very happy.

One thing I like about our old 7 seater is the rear climate controls on the 5 seater are almost nonexistent.

I actually just sat in a 7 seater, and the middle row bench height is noticeable higher than my 5 seater - I'm guessing 1 inch higher or close to that since I noticed it immediately. In the 5 seater, the entire middle row is quite useable. In the 7 seater, the centre seat might be a little uncomfortable for taller people.
Why is 5seater lower, because of ventilation to 3rd row in 7seater?