Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They built at least 2 five seaters by now. I got mine this morning! This picture show the seat fully reclined. There are three other positions between fully reclined and fully upright.

Attachments

• IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    382.7 KB · Views: 308
I picked up a new 5 seat Model X yesterday. I think the back seats are ok, not great. Disappointed with the smaller proportioned center seat and the open back that stuff hanging out. Looks circa 1980's minivan like, to my taste. I was disappointed in Tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_4785.jpeg
    IMG_4785.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4786.jpeg
    IMG_4786.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4787.jpeg
    IMG_4787.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4788.jpeg
    IMG_4788.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4789.jpeg
    IMG_4789.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_4792.jpeg
    IMG_4792.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4817.jpeg
    IMG_4817.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 206
I picked up a new 5 seat Model X yesterday. I think the back seats are ok, not great. Disappointed with the smaller proportioned center seat and the open back that stuff hanging out. Looks circa 1980's minivan like, to my taste. I was disappointed in Tesla.
I have this 5-seater on order as well. These photos confirm what I have previously seen. It's on par with what you would expect in a $30k car, but I expected better from a $100k+ Tesla. My 2004 GMC Yukon has better fit and finish than those seat backs. I'll have to look past it, but it's not an auspicious beginning.

I have this 5-seater on order as well. These photos confirm what I have previously seen. It's on par with what you would expect in a $30k car, but I expected better from a $100k+ Tesla. My 2004 GMC Yukon has better fit and finish than those seat backs. I'll have to look past it, but it's not an auspicious beginning.

At the same time, aren't these almost the same seats as the Model S?

Yes, it does look a lot like the rear-seats in the S, except for the reclining capability.

I was pointing out the similarity to my wife, especially since one of my kid's booster seat overlaps the current seat-belt receptacle, so we connect the rightmost seat-belt into the middle seat. This was a big reason we did not buy the 6 seat X. 5 seat X is now a real possibility.

Great with new pictures of this, Congratulation with your new car:) First, I am very happy about the solutions overall. I think it will make the X much more practical if you do not need the 6/7 seats.

Still I`d really like to see pictures of the trunk i lowest posision, flatt. If picture taken so that you see the trunk and seats in upright posision you`ll will have an idea how much bigger this trunk is compared to 6/7 seaters. (lots of pictures on the Internett of this for 6/7 seater)

If you could also measure the height you get in the trunk. To me it was a bid of a disapointment in the 6/7 seater that height was not much better (if better at all) than in the S trunk... Some times we cary larger items and that was not easy in the X 6/7 seater...

Of course there is also of great interest to see other measures, I am sure many people want to know that is the height in the middelrow, compared to 6/7 seater and what is the lenght behinde the driverseat and 2. row compared to 6/7 seater. 6/7 seater then of course as fare back as they go since 5 seater is fixed. Maybe easiest with driverseat all the way back so that we compare apples and apples:) If you could measure the 5 seater sure someone can do the same with their 6/7 seater...

Last edited:
Regarding the unfinished look, could it is still be that there is a part missing? If you have a close look at the picture from Design Studio, added a lot of light, it shows some kind of edge across, just behind the seats. It makes sence. As it is now, small parts will easily run under the seats when breaking, and your cargo could also damage this cables for heating e.g...

If it was supposed to be like this it is very strange that they did not add some fabric at least that would hide this with not much effort...

5 seater - part from DesignStudio missing.JPG

I'm not talking about the carpet on the backs, you have to expect that the back will also function as a floor. In this configuration, you have two height settings for the area behind the 2nd row seats. You can either set it to be level with the top of the folded 2nd row backs, or to the lower level, which gives you the maximum height in the cargo area and you have a step up at the 2nd row seat. It seams to me that most of the time, I'm going to want the floor set to the lower position since that gives you the most storage, and that will leave the lower area of the 2nd row seat exposed. You see what I mean in the photo Amp Dup posted above that has the paint bucket. That area next to the floor just looks messy, as well as letting things roll under the seats and unto the floor of the 2nd row seats. There should be a panel across there next to the floor to both hide that area and isolate the cargo area from the rest of the car.

Regarding the unfinished look, could it is still be that there is a part missing? If you have a close look at the picture from Design Studio, added a lot of light, it shows some kind of edge across, just behind the seats. It makes sence. As it is now, small parts will easily run under the seats when breaking, and your cargo could also damage this cables for heating e.g...

If it was supposed to be like this it is very strange that they did not add some fabric at least that would hide this with not much effort...

View attachment 206533
I hope you're right. That would address my concerns about all that exposure when you have the floor level set at the lower point, which is where I think I would almost always keep mine. Would only need the higher setting if I specifically needed a level floor front to back.

How is the fit and finish, and what about the head room for the middle seat? Are you happy with the configuration?
I basically agree with rpskanter. It is a very basic seat. Fit and finish is somewhat a matter of taste. There are a couple of waves in the leather in the center seat. Not too objectionable but noticeable. I think it would be hard to find another bench seat WITHOUT a center armrest. It didn't occur to me to sit in the center seat but the outside seats are pretty comfortable. How they would be after a couple hours, I can't say. The 5 seat arrangement is what I wanted and I'm not sorry I didn't get 6 or 7. There is tons of storage space below "deck level" behind the seat.

Reactions: beths11
I'd like to see a "4-seater" using the 2nd row seats from the 6-seater and the rear set entirely removed. Then a more spacious 4-seater could be configured even for "executive seating" arrangements with some cargo room in the back. Might be good for Uber-ing one or two people to/from the airport.

Reactions: Porfiry
I'd love to see a 4 seater where the 2 chairs fold down.

I was able to check out a 5 seater here in Dallas (going to someone who managed to snag a 60D with it!), and while I like it much more than the other configurations, it really is par for the course of Tesla interiors being decidedly unimpressive. The seats are serviceable, recline, and fold to give the X much (much, much) more cargo room, but... they're incredibly basic. No fold-down from the center to give passengers an arm rest is definitely weak.

That being said, the cargo room of an X becomes actually respectable once you fold that bench down, and you get to save $3k on not getting a 6-seater.

There is a "floorboard" that goes in behind the bench seat but it is not yet available. They will let me know when they come in. A trim piece behind the hinge point would be nice.View attachment 206478
I was hoping what you meant was coming was a piece that would separate the cargo area from the underside of the folding seats, but what's coming is the panel that would sit over where that paint bucket is. Is that right? (disappointed)