Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received our Model X 60D in August, 2016 (during their short production run). When they dropped the price for the Range Upgrade to 75kWh in 2017, we were (initially) excited, but then learned that they dropped the Model S upgrade to $2,000, but the Model X range upgrade is still $4,500!

I have tweeted to Elon Musk, saying that if he will drop the range upgrade price for the Model X 60D to $2,000 that I would definitely jump in. But for the mere 37 miles extra, the current $4,500 price tag doesn't feel like a good investment.

Are there other X 60D owners that have held off on the upgrade, hoping for a lower price?

If you paid the $4,500 for the extra 37 miles, do you feel that it was worth it?

Attachments

• X60D Range Upgrade.jpg
    X60D Range Upgrade.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 127
We received our Model X 60D in August, 2016 (during their short production run). When they dropped the price for the Range Upgrade to 75kWh in 2017, we were (initially) excited, but then learned that they dropped the Model S upgrade to $2,000, but the Model X range upgrade is still $4,500!

I have tweeted to Elon Musk, saying that if he will drop the range upgrade price for the Model X 60D to $2,000 that I would definitely jump in. But for the mere 37 miles extra, the current $4,500 price tag doesn't feel like a good investment.

Are there other X 60D owners that have held off on the upgrade, hoping for a lower price?

If you paid the $4,500 for the extra 37 miles, do you feel that it was worth it?

I still haven’t upgraded.

wanted to do the upgrade for my 60D from march 2017 today. It´s offered on "myTesla" account for 4.700€ (~5.200$) here in Germany.
I received an error message regarding my credit card details. So I called the service. The information was: Tesla don´t offer the upgrade any more!
What sence makes that? I allready have the (heavy) hardware in my car. Tesla can now gain money for a cheap software update but refuses it!

wanted to do the upgrade for my 60D from march 2017 today. It´s offered on "myTesla" account for 4.700€ (~5.200$) here in Germany.
I received an error message regarding my credit card details. So I called the service. The information was: Tesla don´t offer the upgrade any more!
What sence makes that? I allready have the (heavy) hardware in my car. Tesla can now gain money for a cheap software update but refuses it!

There must be a mistake.

We paid for AP1 but, due to delaying the order, we got AP2. We were offered a chance to upgrade to enhanced but declined. We have had all enhanced features from day 1. The my account page offers us to upgrade to Autopilot for $3000 and FSD for $6000. It's almost like we don't have Autopilot at all.

That's the best situation, where you paid the AP1 price, but got AP2. Just curious, do you actually get Navigate on Autopilot without having paid the upgrade for Enhanced Autopilot? I thought when NoA rolled out, it was touted as being the first feature that was unique to Enhanced Autopilot.

Posted on another page but letting you guys know my experience.

Same thing happened on my account last year, I actually saved the link because it was on my Tesla Login page then kept going away. Anyways I would suggest to strongly stay way from upgrading the X to 75D from 60D, personally it is worth it on the model S as its only a 2k option but for the X it is soooo not worth paying $4500 for an upgrade you will hardly use. (Paid $6,600 Canadian after tax & USD conversion)

The only thing that was slightly worth it was my car was corked and by the battery upgrade I shaved a second after uncorking on my 0-60 time.

Currently charging a 60D to 100% will give you 60kWh to use, after upgrading my car only show'd 69 usable kWH but that is if you actually charge it to the 100% on the 75D. Now on my Remote Tesla app it is only showing 67.5 kWH usable on my Model X, not even a full 70 and never was a full 75.

If I currently charge to 90% I will only have 60.75wkh to use which is the exact same thing I had before the upgrade. Also charging to 100% on the 60D is way faster, getting that last 10wkh charged puts more stress on the battery and takes an additional 25 mins at the supercharger.

10000000% a SCAM in my opinion

That's the best situation, where you paid the AP1 price, but got AP2. Just curious, do you actually get Navigate on Autopilot without having paid the upgrade for Enhanced Autopilot? I thought when NoA rolled out, it was touted as being the first feature that was unique to Enhanced Autopilot.
Yep. All enhanced features are active including Navigate on Autopilot. I bet there's not enough of us to bother to restrict it.