Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stillageek,
How would I know if I have AP1 or AP2 and my build date?

I bought my X60D with Autopilot in September of 2016 (before 9/13) and have NOT upgraded to 75 kwh.

My updates are current but I have not seen NoA active or offered, to my Knowledge.

Stillageek,
How would I know if I have AP1 or AP2 and my build date?

I bought my X60D with Autopilot in September of 2016 (before 9/13) and have NOT upgraded to 75 kwh.

My updates are current but I have not seen NoA active or offered, to my Knowledge.

If you had your X in September then you have AP1. AP2 has cameras on each front fender and on each pillar behind each front door. Very unlikely you have AP2

We also have an AP2 hardware 2.0 60D X. Just got Enhanced summon after waiting since December 2016 when we paid for it. I also noticed the upgrade option is finally gone, and we’ve held out because we also didn’t think it was worth it. We have 73k miles on it with warranty to 75k which has been nice. We live in Idaho. I wish they’d just give us the upgrade. Considering you could buy a 100D a year later with winter and towing included (we paid extra at the time) for the same price I feel it’d only be fair. We max out 100% at 183 now :(

We also have an AP2 hardware 2.0 60D X. Just got Enhanced summon after waiting since December 2016 when we paid for it. I also noticed the upgrade option is finally gone, and we’ve held out because we also didn’t think it was worth it. We have 73k miles on it with warranty to 75k which has been nice. We live in Idaho. I wish they’d just give us the upgrade. Considering you could buy a 100D a year later with winter and towing included (we paid extra at the time) for the same price I feel it’d only be fair. We max out 100% at 183 now :(

When you charge your 60D to 100% you only get 183 rated miles? If so, that's awful.

190 at 100%.
As most people would charge up to 80 or 90% in normal life, getting 75D wouldn't give you much benefit (though it's not available anymore).
Thinking to switch to 100D. :)

Posted on another page but letting you guys know my experience.

Same thing happened on my account last year, I actually saved the link because it was on my Tesla Login page then kept going away. Anyways I would suggest to strongly stay way from upgrading the X to 75D from 60D, personally it is worth it on the model S as its only a 2k option but for the X it is soooo not worth paying $4500 for an upgrade you will hardly use. (Paid $6,600 Canadian after tax & USD conversion)

The only thing that was slightly worth it was my car was corked and by the battery upgrade I shaved a second after uncorking on my 0-60 time.

Currently charging a 60D to 100% will give you 60kWh to use, after upgrading my car only show'd 69 usable kWH but that is if you actually charge it to the 100% on the 75D. Now on my Remote Tesla app it is only showing 67.5 kWH usable on my Model X, not even a full 70 and never was a full 75.

If I currently charge to 90% I will only have 60.75wkh to use which is the exact same thing I had before the upgrade. Also charging to 100% on the 60D is way faster, getting that last 10wkh charged puts more stress on the battery and takes an additional 25 mins at the supercharger.

10000000% a SCAM in my opinion
I wouldn’t called it a scam but your post did bring up an interesting thing for other 60D owners to consider - whether Tesla softlock on a fixed value or a percentage. Since battery degrades over time and 75D starts with 72.4 kWh usable, if Tesla softlock on 60kwh fixes value, then the more battery degrade the closer it gets to 60D capacity.

Honestly, I haven’t been charging above 90% for my 75D for a long time. Slow charging time, impact for battery longevity, and initial loss of regen braking were the main reasons. Even if I have to go to a long trip, if I know I had to make a supercharger stop, I would start my trip with 90% since the time it takes to charge the initial 10% at supercharger is less than 5 mins.

Its not exactly a Scam per say but it is definitely misleading by getting half the kWH that was paid for. I was referring from my own personal experience I think it was a waste of money and probably why Tesla removed the upgrade option.

If you currently have 60 usable KW and Tesla is selling 75 kWH upgrade and your only getting 7 kWH more than the 15 kWH advertised not sure how that is not misleading. On top of that if Tesla is recommending not to charge over 90% per day @ 67.5 kWH is 60.75 usable kWH which is pretty much a 60D again.

The only saving grace is they uncorked the X which brings the 0 - 60 down to the other Pre-Raven models.

After the last SW uppdate (2019.36.2.1), i realized i had 6-7(3-3,5miles) km of range above 100%soC on my model X 60D (2016 mod).
It means i can drive about 6-7 km before it starts to count down.
Find that very strange. And it's not bacause of cold weather or somtheing. It was'nt like that before. It's only occours when after charging to 100%. The vampiredrain is not there as wel, when it's at 100%, LOL!!! This car gets better an better :)

IMG_0335.jpg
IMG_0336.jpg

I just took delivery of a used 2016 model x 60d AP1 and they upgraded it to a 75d without me asking... no charge. Not sure if that is normal but it would seem unfair to charge original owners for the update now.